News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Strange text next to sorting, how to remove?

Started by perenboom, April 09, 2014, 15:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perenboom

@margriet: there are no template overrides used at this website.

@jenkinhill: the only other kanguage is Dutch. Besides this, the site was fine untill I updated it to the last version before 2.26.
So it is still possible that there is something missing in one of the files of VM.

jjk

Might sound complicated but actually is pretty simple. In VM 2.0.26 the keys/strings in the frontend en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini were:
COM_VIRTUEMART_SEARCH_ORDER_ASC="-/+"
COM_VIRTUEMART_SEARCH_ORDER_DESC=" +/-"
located in the file your-root\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

For the latest versions (VM 2.5+ and 2.6) these were replaced by
COM_VIRTUEMART_ASC="-/+"
COM_VIRTUEMART_DESC=" +/-"
located in the file your-root\components\com_virtuemart\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini

In addition to that,
COM_VIRTUEMART_ASC="-/+"
COM_VIRTUEMART_DESC=" +/-"
were accidentially removed from the english language source file before the release of VM 2.6. And because we updated the source files on Transifex last week, those two keys/strings got lost in the translations. So if you updated to VM 2.0.26d and also updated your language files, you missed them.

Meanwhile I've re-added them to the source file on Transifex again.

Note, that the current language files on Transifex include a number of changes since 2.0.26 was released.
I'll check if I have a 2.0.26 language pack that we can upload into the VM download section.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

perenboom

Thanks everybody for all the replies and a special thanks to jjk for giving me the right solution.
The site is up-to-date now (running 2.6.x, how I ever could think it was 2.26.x...).