News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2.6 Create new review still same problem

Started by nunomigpe, April 09, 2014, 13:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nunomigpe

Hi all

Create a new review directly from the backoffice is still a problem.

The link on the page change from:

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=ratings

To:

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=ratings# and then redirects to administrator/index.php

When you click on new, those anyone notice this?

Best Regards

lindapowers

Quote from: nunomigpe on April 09, 2014, 13:23:25 PM
Hi all

Create a new review directly from the backoffice is still a problem.

The link on the page change from:

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=ratings

To:

administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=ratings# and then redirects to administrator/index.php

When you click on new, those anyone notice this?

Best Regards

Tested and same effect for me in 2.6.0

nunomigpe

Anyone have resolve this??

Is this really a bug or i´m doing something really wrong

Best Regards

Jazajay

Hi All
This is still an issue to me as well.

We ask our customers to manually send us a review as asking them to log in then view the exact product again just doesn't see them leaving reviews.

I mean I know this is a big ask; but, an actual review section ie: Here are the products you have brought, can you rate all of them - then they are all listed on 1 page would be a great functionality.

So having this work will save us time from currently manually having to edit phpmyadmin.

lindapowers

IMO this is one of the weakest aspects of VM2.

Seems the review function is not completely developed.

Bugs:

- Manual entry from backend not working, as commented here.
- Auto publish keeps the red button from backend in the reviews as if it was not published, although the review appears in frontend.
- If you edit the "stars" of a review and put 5 the system places 3 stars only for that review.
- Seems there is a limit somewhere to the number of reviews cause clicking show all wont actually show all of them.

Basic features missing:

- No way to reply to reviews in frontend as shop administrator.
- The backend section for the reviews is confusing at least. Simplicity there is more than welcome, ill prefer to just have the reviews listed per date or even in a tab inside the products.

alatak

Hello

QuoteBugs:

- Auto publish keeps the red button from backend in the reviews as if it was not published, although the review appears in frontend.
- If you edit the "stars" of a review and put 5 the system places 3 stars only for that review.
- Seems there is a limit somewhere to the number of reviews cause clicking show all wont actually show all of them.

Basic features missing:

- The backend section for the reviews is confusing at least. Simplicity there is more than welcome, ill prefer to just have the reviews listed per date or even in a tab inside the products.
I completly agree. We should improve it, and specially the BE.

lindapowers

happy to read that Valérie, looking forward for future improvements in this aspect then ;)

GJC Web Design

How about this one I made.....  -  an Amazon style reviews package for Virtuemart .  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123514.0
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nunomigpe

Quote from: alatak on April 15, 2014, 09:44:29 AM
Hello

QuoteBugs:

Basic features missing:

I completly agree. We should improve it, and specially the BE.

Ok thanks for your reply i´ll wait to see what VM will do with this

Best Regards