News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.6.0 installation problem

Started by rouben, April 08, 2014, 17:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rouben

Hello. I have Virtuemart 2.0.26d installed and it is working without bugs. Today there was a message about new version, when I was trying to update to a new version 2.6.0 I have white page on my screen. I have tried several ways but have not succeced with installation. I have updated VirtueMart before to other versions and never had such a problem . Joomla! 2.5.19 . Trying to install with Joomla extension manager.

Sorry for my poor english.

P.S.
Here is php.ini

php]
;disable_functions=popen,exec,system,passthru,proc_open,shell_exec,ini_restore,dl,symlink,chgrp,putenv,getmyuid,fsockopen,posix_setuid,posix_setsid,posix_setpgid,posix_kill,apache_child_terminate,chmod,chdir,pcntl_exec,phpinfo,virtual,proc_close,proc_get_status,proc_terminate,proc_nice,getmygid,proc_getstatus,proc_close,escapeshellarg,show_source,pclose,safe_dir,dl,ini_restore,chown,chgrp,shown_source,mysql_list_dbs,get_current_user,getmyid,leak,pfsockopen,get_current_user,ftp_exec,syslog,phpcredits
disable_functions=
;display_errors=off
mail.add_x_header=On
;allow_url_fopen=0
realpath_cache_size=4096k
max_input_vars=10000
;error_reporting=2048
display_errors=1
session.save_path= -----------------
magic_quotes_gpc=0
default_socket_timeout=120
date.timezone=Europe/Moscow
register_globals=0
max_input_time=60
max_execution_time=180
safe_mode=0
allow_url_include=0
file_uploads=1
mbstring.internal_encoding=UTF-8
memory_limit=704M
post_max_size=128M
upload_max_filesize=128M
extension_dir="/opt/php/lib/php/extensions/"
extension=curl.so
extension=dom.so
extension=gd.so
extension=iconv.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=mysqli.so
extension=sockets.so
extension=mbstring.so
extension=zlib.so
extension=ctype.so
extension=json.so
extension=session.so
extension=simplexml.so
extension=xml.so
extension=apc.so

mysql.default_host=-------------------
mysql.default_port=-------------------

apc.shm_size=64M
apc.ttl=900
apc.max_file_size=4M
apc.filters="-/bitrix/cache/,-/bitrix/managed_cache/,-/bitrix/stack_cache/,-/bitrix/local_cache/,-/upload/"

jenkinhill

Are you using Joomla 2.5.19? Did you update using Joomla's extensions installer (the recommended way)?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rouben

Hello, sorry but what it means  (the recommended way)? I `m uploading the archived file and  pressing the install button. After it is uploading and when it is already uploaded after a few second there is a white page. After it when I am entering to admin panel then to virtuemart there is no changes as if , it dosn`t even updated. But product or categories are not aviable , when trying to acces them there is a white page again in admin panel.

jenkinhill

Make sure to use com_virtuemart.2.6.0_extract_first.zip    The full Joomla+VirtueMart package is only for first time installers.

Did you not first extract the two archive component files?  Basic instructions: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99127
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rouben

First I am tring to install the core then the AIO. I have downloaded com_virtuemart.2.6.0_extract_first.zip  and extracted it. The result is the white blank page.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

rouben

There are no errors in server error log file.

Milbo

then lets try this:

Go in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php to the line 507 and decomment this line

//$debug = 'all';

That means remove the //. Then you should see some errors instead of a whitescreen. If you do not find this lines there, then the installation was not correctly done by joomla.

Another general idea is that you use an old php. The new minimum requirement is actualyl php5.3.10. We thought we wrote it BC, but we strongly recommened to use at least php5.3.10 (which imho already EOL also).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rouben

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/config.php ine the line 507 there is a  "public static $echoDebug = FALSE"

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rouben

Fatal error: Class 'vmRequest' not found in /docs/plugins/vmcustom/specification/specification.php on line 98

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in docs/libraries/loader.php on line 195

Here are the errors

Milbo

ahh, so you did not update the specification plugin. Either you did not install the AIO, or there is some error in the installer. I just checked, the file is updated

Milbo

Quote from: Milbo on April 08, 2014, 20:06:56 PM
Another general idea is that you use an old php. The new minimum requirement is actualyl php5.3.10. We thought we wrote it BC, but we strongly recommened to use at least php5.3.10 (which imho already EOL also).

??

tlewap

Same problem here ;(
My php version is 5.3.23