Small issues in cart: unchecking TERM OF SERVICE checkbox does not revert button

Started by SteP[IT], January 20, 2015, 12:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteP[IT]

I'm testing the 3.0.3 release on a 2.5.28 installation (upgrade from 2.6.x), and I have noticed a small but "annoing & user confusing" issue in cart view.

If you have set up the cart to show the "TERM OF SERVICE" for every order, the first time you complete user, shipping and payment settings, you are correctly forced to check the TERM OF SERVICE checkbox: upon checking, the button automatically change its state from "click to continue the order" to "click to confirm and send order" (that's right). But if you uncheck the checkbox, the button DOES NOT REVERT to the "click to continue order" state, but stay in the "click to confirm and send order". In this state, if you push this "click to confirm and send order" button for the first time, the error message you receive is a "Message" type (not a "Notice" one ) showing the content of the COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_CHECKOUT_DATA_NOT_VALID string. Only if you push the button for the second time you get the correct "Notice" type error message telling you must check the "term of service" checkbox to continue.
This is an unwanted behaviour: upon the TERM OF SERVICE unchecking, the button must revert immediately to the correct condition "click to continue the order".

A further but important suggestion: when you check the "term of service" checkbox, the button change it's tate but no alert message is sent to the user. In such a way you may not see the button changing (think to a smartphone, wher the button is located at the very bottom of the page, or to a long product list in the cart...), and may not realize that you are ready to confirm the order: I suggest to send a notice message to alert the user that he can now complete the order (if I'm not wrong such a message was present in previous 2.6.x version...)

Waiting for your kindly reply

Regards
J 3.9.2 - VM 3.4.3

MMC EDIZIONI - Italian High-Quality PaperBooks Publisher
Site: https://www.mmcedizioni.it