News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

duplicate menus bug in 2.6

Started by gersput, April 07, 2014, 18:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gersput

I updated from 2.5.5 and get a duplicated menu. (joomla 2.5.19)

Except that, It looks a great solid rock version ;)

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

szbstvn

Quote from: gersput on April 07, 2014, 18:27:40 PM
I updated from 2.5.5 and get a duplicated menu. (joomla 2.5.19)

Except that, It looks a great solid rock version ;)

Mine is same :-( ... but "only" 2 times

wmarketer

I have the same problem: all the icons appear twice

StefanSTS

Not that I have a solution, just for curiosity, how many languages do you have enabled?

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

alatak

Hello

Yes some of you have a  lot of submenus with a an unknown parent, but of type com_virtuemart
Please try this version.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

marfisk

Thanks for the patch. I presume this should be extracted and pasted over the existing install of Virtuemart? Or is this a standalone module to install through the Extensions menu?

alatak

Hello
It is a stand alone menu. You can unpublish it from the module manager.
I am trying to find out why some of you have entries with the wrong parent id.

The sql to look at the orphans entries is
SELECT m.id, m.title, m.alias, m.link, m.parent_id, m.img, e.element FROM `#__menu` as m
LEFT JOIN #__extensions AS e ON m.component_id = e.extension_id
         WHERE m.client_id = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND m.id > 1 AND e.element = 'com_virtuemart'
         AND ( m.parent_id!=1 AND m.parent_id !=
                        (SELECT m.id FROM `#__menu` as m
LEFT JOIN #__extensions AS e ON m.component_id = e.extension_id
                        WHERE m.parent_id=1 AND m.client_id = 1 AND e.enabled = 1 AND m.id > 1 AND e.element = 'com_virtuemart'))
         ORDER BY m.lft

ofc, to be used with care

marfisk

I don't know if it will help, but here's the results of your query on my instance, semicolon separated.

269;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CATEGORIES";"com-virtuemart-menu-categories";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-categories.png";"com_virtuemart"
257;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CATEGORIES";"com-virtuemart-menu-categories";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-categories.png";"com_virtuemart"
270;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PRODUCTS";"com-virtuemart-menu-products";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-products.png";"com_virtuemart"
258;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PRODUCTS";"com-virtuemart-menu-products";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-products.png";"com_virtuemart"
271;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_ORDERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-orders";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-orders.png";"com_virtuemart"
259;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_ORDERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-orders";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-orders.png";"com_virtuemart"
272;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_REPORT";"com-virtuemart-menu-report";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=report";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-report.png";"com_virtuemart"
260;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_REPORT";"com-virtuemart-menu-report";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=report";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-report.png";"com_virtuemart"
273;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_USERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-users";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shoppers.png";"com_virtuemart"
261;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_USERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-users";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shoppers.png";"com_virtuemart"
274;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MANUFACTURERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-manufacturers";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-manufacturers.png";"com_virtuemart"
262;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MANUFACTURERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-manufacturers";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-manufacturers.png";"com_virtuemart"
275;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_STORE";"com-virtuemart-menu-store";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shop.png";"com_virtuemart"
263;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_STORE";"com-virtuemart-menu-store";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shop.png";"com_virtuemart"
276;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MEDIAFILES";"com-virtuemart-menu-mediafiles";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=media";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-media.png";"com_virtuemart"
264;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MEDIAFILES";"com-virtuemart-menu-mediafiles";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=media";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-media.png";"com_virtuemart"
277;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_SHIPMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-shipmentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=shipmentmethod";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shipmentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
265;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_SHIPMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-shipmentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=shipmentmethod";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shipmentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
278;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PAYMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-paymentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=paymentmethod";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-paymentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
266;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PAYMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-paymentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=paymentmethod";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-paymentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
279;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CONFIGURATION";"com-virtuemart-menu-configuration";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config";"268";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-config.png";"com_virtuemart"
267;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CONFIGURATION";"com-virtuemart-menu-configuration";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config";"256";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-config.png";"com_virtuemart"
282;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CATEGORIES";"com-virtuemart-menu-categories";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-categories.png";"com_virtuemart"
283;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PRODUCTS";"com-virtuemart-menu-products";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-products.png";"com_virtuemart"
284;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_ORDERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-orders";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-orders.png";"com_virtuemart"
285;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_REPORT";"com-virtuemart-menu-report";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=report";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-report.png";"com_virtuemart"
286;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_USERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-users";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shoppers.png";"com_virtuemart"
287;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MANUFACTURERS";"com-virtuemart-menu-manufacturers";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-manufacturers.png";"com_virtuemart"
288;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_STORE";"com-virtuemart-menu-store";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shop.png";"com_virtuemart"
289;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_MEDIAFILES";"com-virtuemart-menu-mediafiles";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=media";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-media.png";"com_virtuemart"
290;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_SHIPMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-shipmentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=shipmentmethod";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-shipmentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
291;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PAYMENTMETHODS";"com-virtuemart-menu-paymentmethods";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=paymentmethod";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-paymentmethods.png";"com_virtuemart"
292;"COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_CONFIGURATION";"com-virtuemart-menu-configuration";"index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config";"281";"components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/icon_16/menu-icon16-config.png";"com_virtuemart"

marfisk

I uninstalled the Virtumart Administrator Menu with the duplicates and installed the new module attached to this thread. Now the menu doesn't show at all, and the module has this instead of the version and release date on the management screen: ${PHING.VM.RELEASE}    ${PHING.VM.RELDATE}

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result.

Any thoughts?

Better the duplicates than nothing.

jjk

Check the xxxxx_menu table in your database. If there are no VirtueMart entries, you probably lost them. That's why it is always a good idea to produce a backup before making changes.
I just had just cut the module folder (moved it to my desktop) and pasted the new one, which worked. The ${PHING.VM.RELEASE} makes me think that you used the Joomla extension installer to install the new module.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

marfisk

Ah, yes, that's why I asked the question about whether it was stand alone (to be installed by the extensions manager) or I should copy the files over via FTP.

I misunderstood your response. No biggie. I can get it from backup.

Thanks.

marfisk

Sadly, getting from backup did not work. The #_menu entries are are still there, but the menu is no longer connected to them.

Recovering the files from backup, zipping them, and reinstalling with the extension manager removed the problem with the release date and version, but still no menu displays, either before or after copying the patch over the existing files.

Any thoughts as to how I can restore the connection?

alatak

Hello

QuoteI uninstalled the Virtumart Administrator Menu with the duplicates and installed the new module attached to this thread. Now the menu doesn't show at all, and the module has this instead of the version and release date on the management screen: ${PHING.VM.RELEASE}    ${PHING.VM.RELDATE}
${PHING.VM.RELEASE}   ${PHING.VM.RELDATE} are   tags in the php/xml files that are replaced when we do an official release.
So it is not an error.

I am still trying to find out why some of you have those entries in the table. I am not able to reproduce the problem.

klattr1

The VM admin menu item won't show up at the top for me either...running Joomla 2.5.19, VM 2.6 on PHP 5.3.5. I checked the module "Administrator VM Menu" and it's set to "menu" position and is published.