News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

duplicate menus bug in 2.6

Started by gersput, April 07, 2014, 18:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

The reason why it happened is already fixed and we will provide an "a" version soon. It is as far as I know the biggest fail in vm2.6, the rest is good. And as marfisk pointed out,... it did not happen always! just sometimes. Valerie posted also already an updated version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hello
@lindapowers
QuoteHave exactly the same issue as commented here but tbh it doesnt bother me much. More ways to access the shop ;D
And the new module posted does not fix it?
Can you send me via skype the 2 tables #__menu and #__extensions.
I will try to understand why the new module does not work.
Thank you.

lindapowers

Quote from: alatak on April 24, 2014, 10:45:07 AM
Hello
@lindapowers
QuoteHave exactly the same issue as commented here but tbh it doesnt bother me much. More ways to access the shop ;D
And the new module posted does not fix it?
Can you send me via skype the 2 tables #__menu and #__extensions.
I will try to understand why the new module does not work.
Thank you.

Hi Valérie

I unistalled the module from the backend and then also deleted it from ftp since it didnt allowed me to install it.

The module completely dissapared and now we have simply the link under "components" which is actually what we wanted, dont know if that is the expected solution though.

Regards

faman

Same problem here.

I use xmap too, joomla 2.5.19, PHP 5.5.11

And when i create a new category, SEF path created is /COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_ORDERS/XXXXXXXXXX or /COM_VIRTUEMART_MENU_PRODUCTS/XXXXXXXXXX so i need to delete the first part manually in the DB.

Is it related?

lindapowers

BTW I use Xmap too in case that matters.

alatak

Hello

ok,interesting.  I will test with xmap.

John2400

My only duplicate _ menu. But the rest is OK.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hello

:D, looks like we are drunk ;)

Are you using the new VM menu module ? or the one which is included in the release?
If you are using the one included in the release, please test that one http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123213.msg420662#msg420662

Otherwise, please send me via MP or skype the dump of the extension and menu table.

marfisk

FYI, I'm using the new module and it didn't change anything, but even uninstalling the original module didn't remove the duplicate entries so when I added the new one, they were still in the database.

I'm not sure how the new module is supposed to affect that.

John2400

Hello

Yep I think I deserved that - And the Very Australian saying  ":D, looks like we are drunk ;)"   ?

- but the Module works and there is no duplicates anymore.

catchya thanks

john2400

tanolalano

Quote from: alatak on April 25, 2014, 12:02:20 PM
Hello

:D, looks like we are drunk ;)

Are you using the new VM menu module ? or the one which is included in the release?
If you are using the one included in the release, please test that one http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123213.msg420662#msg420662

Otherwise, please send me via MP or skype the dump of the extension and menu table.
This solve for me. No more duplicated items in menu
TY Alatak
arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

liotropi

just to let you know

I got the duplicate menu when I installed the aio twice
first time it was ok
the second time I got the double menu
VM 2.6.0
Joomla! 2.5.16
PHP Version 5.3.27

liotropi