News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Comments don't make it into HTML mail

Started by blizam, April 03, 2014, 23:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blizam

VM 2, latest and greatest, same for Joomla

So, I have comments in an invoice, when the invoice is toggled to "shipped" a comment is added with shipping/tracking info, I can see it in the backend Order administration, but the comment never gets populated into the html email that's sent.

I have some overrides in place, but I haven't touched the <tr> that's supposed to populate with order comments. I see this in the mail_html_shopper.php file:

<?php $nb=count($this->orderDetails['history']);

if(
$this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->customer_notified && !(empty($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments))) { ?>

<tr>

<td>

<?php echo  nl2br($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<?php ?>

<?php if(!empty($this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->customer_note)){ ?>

<tr>

<td>

<?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_QUESTION',nl2br($this->orderDetails['details']['BT']->customer_note)) ?>

</td>

</tr>

<?php ?>

basically... I'd like to "dumb it down" -- I don't care if it spits out all the order comments, I only care that the shipping info gets in there... could someone help me with the code that very simply spits out either the current/most recent order comment or ALL the order comments?

Thanks in advance!

siristru

Hi, Blizam.

I'm not sure if I understand what is your issue here.

Your comment is not added to email or it comes without html?

I've came across similar issue: comment wasn't posted with html. Comments in db are stored with html converted to html entities. So I changed this:

<?php echo  nl2br($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments); ?>

to this:

<?php echo  html_entity_decode($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments); ?>

Now my comments are displayed as html.

Does it helps?
Само слога Славjанa спашава - Свуда пођи, својој кући дођи.