News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Append Terms of Service" active - send with order confirmation ?

Started by lostmail, March 27, 2014, 14:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostmail

I activated "Append Terms of Service" in Backend but it seems that the Terms are only sent with the invoice.

How can I change that the Terms are sent with the order confirmation after a customer created an order together with the order confirmation email ?

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

jenkinhill

Edit the file components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_footer.php  and add a link to the TOS there.  Use the edited file as a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lostmail

Hm - a link in footer will not be enough. The complete conditions text has to be sent with the order attached !

jenkinhill

Then put the TOS in there.....  It will probably annoy some customers as the TOS will be included in all emails such as change of order status.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lostmail

Found the solution...I did not see 8)  the field in shop setting for the inout of TOS. Put it in there and saved. Now the Terms are sent within the order confirmation.