News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.0.10 to latest (2.0.26d) Invalid Token

Started by scrlked, March 24, 2014, 12:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrlked

Hi,

I am currently working on updating my Virtuemart from 2.0.10 to 2.0.26d using the live update.  When I try to update I get an invalid token error message.  I have done some searching on the forum and it points to having Akeeba backup installed.

As per some of the forum suggestion, I have disabled all Akeeba plugins that I found. The way I did this was by going to: Extensions > Extension Manager > Manage. From there I did a search for "Akeeba" and disabled "Akeeba", "Akeeba Backup Notification Module", "AkeebaStrapper" and "JMonitoring - Akeeba Backup" by clicking the green checkmark in the "Status" column.

From there I went into "Components" > "Virtuemart-aio" and ran the update. After that I went into "Components" > "VirtueMart".  There I am able to see a big button on the left hand side that says "Update found! Click to Update. 2.0.26d". From there I click "Update to the latest version". Finally I get an error that says "Invalid Token, in store config".

In hopes to get the store up to date I have gone back to the previous page and clicked the "Direct download URL" to download the current update. I have open the file and uploaded the unzipped files to the same locations as the folder structure. I did not send the "install" or "virtuemart.xml" since I belive those are for the automatic install. When the files were replaced I went back into "Components" > "VirtueMart" but it shows that I still have 2.0.10 installed.

Could I get some assistance with either what could be causing the "Invalid Token" error or the manual update of VirtueMart?

Many thanks in advanced!

Scrlked

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

scrlked

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

For people reading this in the future (hi future people!), the link provided above has downloads for the updated files of VirtueMart.

1) Backup your site! Very important steps.. dont skip it.. it can be done easily, just do it!
2) Download the files from the link provided above.
3) Unzip the files.
4) Login into Joomla
5) Click Extensions
6) Click Extension Manager
7) Click "Browse" under "Upload Package File"
8) Locate the files downloaded on step 2
9) Select the main zip file
10) Click "Upload & Install"
11) After its completed, do it again for the second zip file from step 3.
12) You are done!

Regards,

Scrlked

azamkl

Quote from: scrlked on March 24, 2014, 23:56:36 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

For people reading this in the future (hi future people!), the link provided above has downloads for the updated files of VirtueMart.

1) Backup your site! Very important steps.. dont skip it.. it can be done easily, just do it!
2) Download the files from the link provided above.
3) Unzip the files.
4) Login into Joomla
5) Click Extensions
6) Click Extension Manager
7) Click "Browse" under "Upload Package File"
8) Locate the files downloaded on step 2
9) Select the main zip file
10) Click "Upload & Install"
11) After its completed, do it again for the second zip file from step 3.
12) You are done!

Regards,

Scrlked

Hi, thank you for the highlight of updating the Virtuemart 2.0. I have followed exactly as what you mentioned, however I'm still seeing the notice saying "UPDATE FOUND! CLICK TO UPDATE.
2.0.26d"

I'm pretty sure that my Virtuemart has been update to the latest version (2.0.26d) it's just that I'm a bit annoying to seeing the alert message there. Am I missing something here?

jenkinhill

Click on that "update button" and then on Refresh update information at the bottom of the info page.  It should then tell you then that VM2.6 is available and you should update to that.
http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/456-virtuemart-are-proud-to-release-vm2-6
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum