News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopper Groups and Quantity Range - Does it work?

Started by DSC, March 21, 2014, 19:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSC

VM: 2.0.26d
Joomla: 2.5.19
PHP: 5.2.17

Basically, I need to create an extra shopper group other than the default group that has a discounted price BUT with a minimum product quantity set, before allowed to purchase. I created a B2B group to allow for discounts. The prices show by default EXCEPT when using the Quantity Range. When it is set to "0" and "0", it shows fine but when I put numbers in those boxes (image 1), the price does not show on the product page.

I need this because my B2B customers will need to purchase a 'minimum quantity amount' before it can be added to the cart at the discounted price and I believe this is what these fields are for.

Even if the prices don't show, the item can still be added to the cart but the price still doesn't show (image 2).

When I update the cart item quantity to "10" (the number I entered in the admin side), it then shows the price (image 3) but still gives an error about shipment method (image 4). And no shipping options are given.

So my issue or question is; does this option really work or am I doing something wrong?.... I thought it had something to do with the shopper group option and showing prices, but that's not it. It goes haywire when adding numbers in the "Quantity Range" under the shopper group in the Product's Page.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

DSC

The following images are when the numbers are set to "0" and "0" by default (shows prices), and when numbers other than "0" are set (doesn't show prices).

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DSC

Do you know of anything that could stop it from not working?

My Joomla and VM code is stock. I don't have any hack coding at all.... :/

Or can I PM you my admin credentials and see if you can look into it?

This is the first time something actually doesn't work for me and I want to make sure it's fixed before moving on with my site.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member