News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Navigation in product details view missing in 2.5.3 / 2.5.4

Started by lindapowers, March 21, 2014, 14:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

Just notice the buttons showing next and previous product in the detailed view of a product are missing. Only shows the one from back to the category.

Tested with beez template too.

Regards

Joomla 2.5.19 and VM 2.5.4

jenkinhill

It is there for me in 2.5.4/Beez. Have you enabled "Show the product navigation?" in configuration/shopfront?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MarioP

I work on  VM 2.5.4 with Joomla 2.5.17 and the product navigation is showing for me...

lindapowers

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 21, 2014, 14:57:18 PM
It is there for me in 2.5.4/Beez. Have you enabled "Show the product navigation?" in configuration/shopfront?

Yeah, just checked, strange, was working in 2.026D. I tried installing/ updating tables but cant get them to show.

I though it was a template issue but then I enabled beez and happens the same, I just see the back to category button as here:

http://comenaranjas.com/es/tienda/naranja-y-mandarina/naranjas/naranjas-de-zumo-15-kg-detail.html

Regards

jenkinhill

Here is the default VM template in Beez.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 21, 2014, 18:42:09 PM
Here is the default VM template in Beez.

Just found the reason why this happens to us, seems its caused by using default ordering of product by "product sales" if we choose any other type of ordering neighbours appear again.

Please tell me if you encounter the same issue ordering per product sales.

I found this old post and the last guy mention something about it http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111873.msg376153#msg376153

And indeed changing it to "product name" worked.

So maybe a little bug there?

Regards

MarioP

Quote from: lindapowers on March 21, 2014, 14:16:01 PM
Just notice the buttons showing next and previous product in the detailed view of a product are missing. Only shows the one from back to the category.
Now I can confirm - product navigation is not showing in the product details view. It's a matter of Joomla version. When I was working on J! 2.5.17 everything was ok
Quote from: MarioP on March 21, 2014, 15:04:04 PM
I work on  VM 2.5.4 with Joomla 2.5.17 and the product navigation is showing for me...
After update to J! 2.5.19 the navigation has disappeared.....

lindapowers

Hi, dont worry Max solved it in 2.5.5

Is not about the joomla version but the VM version, im on Joomla 2.5.19 also and is working.

Navigation works there again. Wait for the 2.5.5 release and should work again.

Regards

MarioP

I thought the bug was caused by J! because when only I updated it, the navigation has gone. Anyway thanks for info.