News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Solved since 2.5.4]Child products without category get not tax applied

Started by lindapowers, March 17, 2014, 14:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

VM 2.5.3 and joomla 2.5.19

The sceneario is the following:

Vattax per product and per categories

Therefore you create your parent and child products.

The parent product gets tax applied correctly since you set a category for this product but the child products have no category assigned since you want them to be shown as a dropdown list inside the parent product and no as individual products in a category.

The problem with this is mainly the EU VAT ID and the cases where tax is automatically removed= Andorra Switzerland etc

We need tax to be applied with "apply generic rules"

IMO the child products should inherit the category of the parent product in terms of tax rules.

Regards

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on March 17, 2014, 17:16:04 PM
The children inherit the categories for calculation.

Setting "apply generic rules" doesnt apply any tax for the child products Max, unless you set them in a category, but that will publish the product there.

You have to manually select a concrete tax to the child product so that it gets applied:

This is what happens with "apply generic rules" as you can see no tax gets applied to the price. I believe the solution is to make "apply generic rules" for child products use the tax of the parent.

Regards

Milbo

ah yes. It is shown wrong in the Backend, but done correctly in the Frontend.

I added now this

if(empty($product->categories) and !empty($product_parent->categories)){
$product->categories = $product_parent->categories;
}

to the edit view. This should prevent misconfusion, but works only for the next parent.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers