News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart: Multi Upload

Started by sumanguj, March 16, 2014, 06:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumanguj

Got a school project that needs done and just found out virtuemart does not have multi upload function for each product!!

It isn't a commercial project and therefore can't pay $15/$30 dollar for a plugin and i'm a student who can't effort that much. I feel multi-upload feature should come for free and be included in the virtuemart package by default.

jenkinhill

Multi-upload of what? Product images?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sumanguj

i thought that was too obvious. yes, product images. currently one has to upload one-by-one!!!! :(

jenkinhill

NO they could be multiple downloadable products or datasheets.

i'm a student who can't effort that much. I feel multi-upload feature should come for free and be included in the virtuemart package by default.

If you need it without paying for someone's programming time  then why not write a plugin to do it yourself and donate it to the community? Thing is, only a few stores use mutiple  product images, and some use no images at all. Large stores using multiple images would generally use ftp to upload all the files and CSVI or similar to synch them with products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sumanguj

That's a shame. I thought such a basic function would be available by now considering how old virtuemart is!!

Anyways, if i knew how to i would. Thanks for the kind replies :)

Milbo

Here is a plugin doing that

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/attachment-for-virtuemart-detail

Most people use anyway the method to upload the medias by FTP and to use the synchronisation. With this method you can upload 1000 of files with "one click". I think that is the reason that the need for multiupload is relativly low.

You need it mainly for stuff like multivendor ( they wouldnt have the ftp access).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sumanguj

i was looking for a free component/module/plugin. not paid. $60 is just way too expensive :(

but thank you.

Milbo

You should do the following calcuation. How much do you pay per hour yourself/employee to upload the images. How much time can be saved per product. => in which time I have the investment back.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

Milbo, this is apparently a school project, not a real world store. But it should give sumanguj an insight into the economic implications of setting up a store. You have to invest!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

I also think it is a lot too expensive. It lists a lot features which are actualy native:

Attach an unlimited numbers of files
Support an unlimited numbers of file types
VirtueMart shoppers can download attachments
Working on all modern browsers
Attachments can be user manauals in PDF formats, or Microsoft Word, or Excel, PNG, JPEG, Zip and Media file extension ( Mp3, Mp4).
Attached unlimited numbers of files on the product details pages

Only "Upload multiple files at the same time" is done by them. The rest is done mainly by me. The multiupload should be 10 euro. I even have donated snippets here. The snippet is just soo old that I cant easily integrate it now. But sumanguj you can have them. Adjust them, donate them back. It is actually a nice school project. Greets

AH

Milbo

I agree with you regarding most of the functionality not required and not really sure what the ROI would be for such a plugin.

To be honest you have given the simplest solution and this is Free.

FTP the images

Then use synchronise (already part of VM core)

School project, christ we have come a long way from "make a poster"
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

t68

Any manual or thread that explains ftp and synchronization around?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

AH

VM admin
Tools
DB tools
Synchronize media to VirtueMart

Just upload your media to the relevant directory for VM
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0