News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Click on category list image to open fancybox image

Started by colmagoo, March 16, 2014, 18:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmagoo

In a previous VM2.0.6 project, on the product listing page, clicking on the product image by default opened a lightbox / fancybox version. I am now using the latest version of VM 2.0.26d on a new project and can no longer do this - it eaither just links to the product detail page or opnes the large image in a new window. Has anyone worked out the code changes required to add the fancybox effect so I can insert the new file as VM category overriide?

Thanks a lot

Colin

K&K media production

Compare the differenes in the category view between the old and current vm version. Create a template override and add the variant with fancybox to the image. You can download all vm versions here: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

colmagoo

Thanks for the reply - i did swap the category default.php file from the old working version into my override folder but it made no difference, so I guess I'm missing something - possibly other files which need to be rolled back. Unfortunately I'm by no means a php expert but thought there would be a good chance that someone has come up against this problem and knows the answer. Certainly other threads have touched on it but at this point I can't find or work out a definitive answer,

colmagoo

my bad - subject should probably have read 'Click on PRODUCT list image to open fancybox image' - although the page is a VM Category menu type.

K&K media production

try to replace

<a title="<?php echo $product->product_name ?>" rel="vm-additional-images" href="<?php echo $product->link?>">
<?php
echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage"'true);
?>

</a>

with

<?php /** @todo make image popup */
echo $product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb ('class="browseProductImage" border="0" title="' $product->product_name '" 'TRUE'class="modal"');
?>

colmagoo

awesome kkmediaproduction - this works !

Many thanks

netajour

Hello
On year later
I have the same proble but solution given not working for me.
Is it because I use J3 and VM3 ?

Thank you for reply