News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2.0.26D recommened to a friend

Started by mfgrmn, March 15, 2014, 13:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfgrmn

Several issues with "Recommend to a friend" on latest version VirtueMart 2.0.26d:

1) The popup only has two text fields and thats the Comment field and the receivers email only. Should have — Another field for senders email with name and also add name option of receiver, "send copy" to sender option.

2) The receiving Email is all screwed up —

• It doesn't say who sent it in the body of email nor name of recipient for  who's it for.

• It says "HELLO, ...", but it displays nothing after the hello if I'm not logged in, but displays email of persons email who if logged in at the site.  :o
  • In the subject area, is displays as - receivers.email@gmail.com recommend you : Ray-Ban RB3502 (Product ID#)
  • In the From of email, it displays the sites name. I think this should show senders name and email address, not the site.
  • In the body it says "Thank you for purchasing at, (Name of site here)". It appears to me that part of the Shop invoice form section is somehow mixed in.
  • And lastly, theres no link to the product or page you want them to see.

For some reason, the recommend to a friend feature seems to work fine on the articles with all the fixes needed and mentioned above. But just not working at all well on the product page. 

Here's a link ( https://vainakache.com/ ) to my site so you can test or see for yourself. I did make a couple of tweaks, like removing the admins address being shown near the logo, and changing the [useremail] to [username] which comes right after where it says "HELLO,...". Like I said already, this should really be where name of recipients name goes, not the user.  :(

This button is really important for the sites marketing/promoting purposes. I really hope this is fixed soon as possible in the next update. I understand too from other post that others have had this same issue and has not yet been addressed with any importance by this sites developers, even on previous versions. SO I hope thats not the case again here. Cheers...Thank you! Using Joomla 2.5x/VirtueMart 2.0.26d

K&K media production

VM 2.6 (next version) will come with new layouts for recommend and ask question