News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.5.5

Started by Milbo, March 14, 2014, 21:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

Servlet

It is a test version prior to release.  It has a number of developments and adjustments in it.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

Quote from: lindapowers on March 24, 2014, 12:42:50 PM
Hi, the strange thing is that the order list is accessed by the administrator but only 2 orders created by that same admin appear.

I have checked the access and all the order/customers tab is set to allowed for admins.

There is a fix for that in the internal 2.6.0 version I tested yesterday, so the release version should work OK for you.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 27, 2014, 10:46:20 AM
Quote from: lindapowers on March 24, 2014, 12:42:50 PM
Hi, the strange thing is that the order list is accessed by the administrator but only 2 orders created by that same admin appear.

I have checked the access and all the order/customers tab is set to allowed for admins.

There is a fix for that in the internal 2.6.0 version I tested yesterday, so the release version should work OK for you.

Thanks, that sounds great!

dontflinch

Quote from: Milbo on March 16, 2014, 11:45:21 AMBtw your Mr/Mrs problem is solved!

Quote- fixed country/state dropdown
is this the missing state list in admin tax rate setup?

I am using 2.5.2 (I see this new one and will update shortly) but will report this in case it is not fixed in above list.

when I try to add a tax rate in Tax & Calculation Rule Details the country list is there in its box no problem but not the states.  I try saving thinking maybe it needs to use a saved country but it just always says "Please select" with nothing else in the box.

I tried filling in a virtuemart_calc_states row in mysql and it will show on Tax & Calculation Rule List page under the state column but still shows just "Please select" in box on detail.

jenkinhill

In the very latest version the individual states are available for tax/calc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dontflinch

Quote from: lindapowers on March 15, 2014, 17:37:44 PMI installed the core and then the AIO as usual.

JFolder: :delete: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta: /home/ourserver/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageBE
        JFolder: :delete: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta: /home/ourserver/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageFE

Translation: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta= The URL is not a folder. URL=

Just installed 2.5.5 (was 2.5.2) and got same warning:

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/[...]/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageBE
        JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/[...]/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageFE

com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal
        com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries
        Installing component was successful.

dontflinch

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 28, 2014, 11:05:28 AM
In the very latest version the individual states are available for tax/calc.
yes, this is fixed.

would love to see this sort of chooser available for product filter selections on future version maybe.  just a suggestion.

dontflinch

I have another comment, perhaps others have already mentioned, just for information/consideration in future developments.  if the pricelist refresh input could be changed to a button it might be able to use a less icon but inputs apparently do not allow that sort of :after :before element.  I spent a couple hours thinking my gantry fa-icon function was broken because the <a> delete worked but the refresh didn't, when in fact it was because the template tried to make that input use a fontawesome icon and it can't.  I wound up making it a background image in a css override and I know testing should occur on beez, but thought it might be a helpful future looking comment as more people use css processors, etc.  A lot of premium templates now use these and offer template based 'virtuemart integration'.  jquery conflicts are already such a hassle, font/css processors are the added hassle of the future. =)

lindapowers

Quote from: dontflinch on March 28, 2014, 16:54:58 PM
Quote from: lindapowers on March 15, 2014, 17:37:44 PMI installed the core and then the AIO as usual.

JFolder: :delete: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta: /home/ourserver/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageBE
        JFolder: :delete: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta: /home/ourserver/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageFE

Translation: La ruta no es una carpeta. Ruta= The URL is not a folder. URL=

Just installed 2.5.5 (was 2.5.2) and got same warning:

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/[...]/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageBE
        JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/[...]/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/languageFE

com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal
        com_virtuemart_allinoneInstallerScript:: VirtueMart2 update #__virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries
        Installing component was successful.

Yes, this is still present in 2.5.5

Milbo

Quote from: dontflinch on March 28, 2014, 17:23:38 PM
if the pricelist refresh input could be changed to a button it might be able to use a less icon but inputs apparently do not allow that sort of :after :before element. ........but thought it might be a helpful future looking comment as more people use css processors, etc.  A lot of premium templates now use these and offer template based 'virtuemart integration'.  jquery conflicts are already such a hassle, font/css processors are the added hassle of the future. =)

Sounds valid, please explain more detailed
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

t68

Hi!
Will most vm2.0 templates still work on vm2.5?

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

Milbo

We cannot garantee for all templates. But we tested some commercial templates. Also GavickPro for example tested their template with it. As far as we know it should be so that the new version is more compatible to old layouts then vm2.0.26D.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John M

Where can I get a downloadable copy of the 2.9 virtuemart that is being developed for Joomla 3X
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Damn that was fun, what a ride!"

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK