News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Need Mandatory Product

Started by hotrod, March 13, 2014, 03:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod

I run a truck parts store.  A lot of parts have "Core Charges"  which means..  say.. the price of the product is $300.00 with a $100.00 core charge.
When you get the new part.. you mail back the old and then we refund you the $100.00 

If we can make a core charge product we can add it to each item if they buy 1 it would be a said charge.. if they buy 4 it would be 4 charges.  The reason I need a mandatory product is so we can edit their invoice and mark the " Core Charge" refunded.

The way we do it now just shows " price includes core charge of $100.00  ETC...

Here is an example. http://hnctruckparts.com/shop-now/drivetrain-replacement-parts-2013-11-18/turbo-s-and-injectors/navistar-international-turbo-s-and-injectors/injector-5010656r92-detail

Whats happening is people are just seeing the price and not realizing it includes the core..
Note there are many different core charges for certain products.

Rod
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

balai

Hi

Check Product Builder
http://breakdesigns.net/extensions/vm-product-builder

You can have mandatory or non-editable products with that.

Possibly you can turn your whole shop running through procut builder

hotrod

Looks promising.. but I'm not sure that will give us everything we are looking for.  maybe more than we need..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

balai

Its easy to decrease the more but hard to increase the less :)

hotrod

Yea...  But I don't see it making the "Selection" refundable  or  Doubling the addition for each product you buy..  I will look into it more..

I just hate plug ins and add ons..  My thought is to keep it simple..  you start adding 3rd party stuff.. that's when problems start..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

Eugen S.

Quote from: hotrod on March 13, 2014, 03:05:50 AM
I run a truck parts store.  A lot of parts have "Core Charges"  which means..  say.. the price of the product is $300.00 with a $100.00 core charge.
When you get the new part.. you mail back the old and then we refund you the $100.00 

If we can make a core charge product we can add it to each item if they buy 1 it would be a said charge.. if they buy 4 it would be 4 charges.  The reason I need a mandatory product is so we can edit their invoice and mark the " Core Charge" refunded.

The way we do it now just shows " price includes core charge of $100.00  ETC...

Here is an example. http://hnctruckparts.com/shop-now/drivetrain-replacement-parts-2013-11-18/turbo-s-and-injectors/navistar-international-turbo-s-and-injectors/injector-5010656r92-detail

Whats happening is people are just seeing the price and not realizing it includes the core..
Note there are many different core charges for certain products.

Rod

You need to use the VirtueMart plugins and set the option for cart variant to yes.

This will apply an additional fee to each product.
Send me a pm ;-)

hotrod

As of now.  we are getting the additional fee if they add more than one..  what we don't want is the additional fee showing in the price when they see it.  In the category view. it doesn't show.  but 90% of our traffic come directly to the part.  they see the whole price including the core. and they say too much. Fact is noone reads..

here is one work around we are trying.  giving them the option to send their core to us then we ship their product or pay now. this took the additional charge off the base price.  but this doesn't help us when we got to refund.
http://hnctruckparts.com/shop-now/replacement-parts-and-components-for-international-trucks/international-trucks-engine-parts/international-trucks-fuel-pumps/fuel-injector-1848489c92-detail

You will see the price is $305.00   if they want us to ship now and charge the core is adds $225.00

If I could have a mandatory product I can call it Core Charge.  If you buy 2 base product it ads 2 core charge products..
then when they are returned..  we can changed their status to refunded..

I've played around with Child Products.. but can't seem to make that work.. since I don't really understand it that well and can't find good documentation on it..
We just don't want it showing in the base price untill it is Mandatory selected  or when the product is added to cart.. with a separate line for the charge.
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0

balai

Hi

Why don't you create a cart variant custom field as Eugen suggested.
Having 2 values : Without core: $0 and With Core: $100
Without core will be the default and the final price will contain only the main product

Does not do the trick?

hotrod

Yes.. that is what we are testing in the last link..  But I'm sure some won't see that.. buy the product and wonder where their parts are..  when they use this.. no core upfront.. we will send them a email explaining were to send there core back to..   but this doesn't help tracking them..
Bronze Member
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922
Joomla!  ‎4.3.4
PHP 8.0