News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Will a VM2 version work on Joomla 3.2.x Please clarify for me :>)

Started by joknight, March 12, 2014, 03:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joknight

I have been pouring over forum messages about the compatibility for VM 2 and Joomla 3.x and cannot find an answer.
I have downloaded the only version that would download VM 2.1.1 on the Joomla 3.2.2 site but it is obviously not working properly and buggy. I'm scouring the internet and VM forums but can only find posts from 2012 that talk about it in a way that confuses me more.

Would someone please be so kind as to confirm that I am wrong in thinking I can download and use VirtueMart on a Joomla 3.2.3 website? I apologize for coming in late here but is my only option to downgrade my client's site to a 2.5 installation? (I am migrating a Joomla 1.5 site to Joomla 3.x and it has a BIG virtuemart store on it).. But i would gladly move all to a 2.5 site if necessary.

If this is so, I wonder why on the downloads for Joomla.org that is states:

Joomla 3.2 is the newest version, recommended for most new installs.
and
Download Joomla! 3.2 (Recommended for most new sites)

If it's not yet ready to accept the e-commerce (VirtueMart) side of Joomla!?

Your answers will at least help me get some rest in order to start the 2.5 site instead of the 3.0

Thank you,
Jo

AH

VM is not ready for joomla 3.x

It is in testing and will be released when ready.

So you will not have a stable VM release to migrate to if you use Joomla 3.x.

Release 2.5.2 is a test version at present and functions on Joomla 2.5.x

It is a test version, stable version should be considered

http://virtuemart.net/downloads
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

joknight

Thank you Hutson,
That is the clearest information I have been able to find on the internet. I trust your straightforward response will help others as well.
J2.5 or bust here we go!
Jo

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum