News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Couple things on 2.5.2

Started by dontflinch, March 11, 2014, 04:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontflinch

Hi, I am moving a fairly simple site over from ecwid and figured I would try out the new version 2.5.2 (dl'd today) since I saw milbo say on twitter it has 500+ downloads with no big problems.

Everything is going great and I love some of the new easier features that used to take a long time.

I see a couple things so far though I thought I would point out.

1) I think this is duplicated:
"Default number of categories in a row"
under both "Shopfront settings" and "VirtueMart Home Page Settings" (which I think are the same?) in configuration.

US Dollars should be capital D.  It has been little d for as long as I can remember but with a new version why not fix this?

Also, in "Shopper Information" you should offer other choices besides Mr and Mrs, including an empty choice as not everyone wants to identify this and the way it is it auto-fills "Mr" if you do not choose.

Just my feedback so far, hope it helps.

Milbo

just a bit misunderstanding, one is for the products in the category browse view, the other is for the homepage.

You can add yourself the empty option. Just edit the shopperfield. For the dollar, hmm I think we have to change it then for all currencies, right? But isnt it only shown to the shopowner?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: dontflinch on March 11, 2014, 04:46:53 AM

Also, in "Shopper Information" you should offer other choices besides Mr and Mrs, including an empty choice as not everyone wants to identify this and the way it is it auto-fills "Mr" if you do not choose.

This has been a bug since the start of VM2 reported here btw http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110589.5

We ended up not using the title field since it was impossible to select an empty value.

Regards