News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Paypal Website Payments Pro - no hassles

Started by huntersinclair, September 30, 2005, 07:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntersinclair

There is a Paypal Pro Modification for phpShop at
http://www.zenatdesign.com/payment

It is very simple, lightweight - no SDK or anything needed. 
Best yet, it does not violate any of the paypal business rules - Like the main one about how you must offer the option to checkout via Paypal Express before collecting any user data or making the user login.

Ckovac

yeah, and it's only $40... lol  most people here are here because mambo and phpshop are free mate.  If I had $40 to blow it wouldn't be on a COMPONENT.
Chad
http://airsoftguy.com (airsoft guns)
http://aviary.info (parrots - Xoops)

clintanderson

Not to mention we don't know if mambo version of this paypal pro module works with virtuemart. I am looking into figuring this out on my own unless someone has done this for virtuemart on shared hosting through GoDaddy.

Clint

Edit: 12/3/2005: I was looking at your demo site hunter, and I am not sure the process is working 100%  Granite, it is working, I just am not feeling a warm fuzzy about what you put together.  I am going to check out your demo page again and give details in the near future.

Comenius

Would be very interested if someone could get WPP working with VirtueMart.  I'm really hoping someone can figure it out!   :)

clintanderson

I am working on it very slowly, but I am working on it. I will post here all the steps I took to get it working when I am finished.

Clint

Comenius

clintanderson

The latest for me is the shared hosting issue and the PEAR install, there is a guy in the paypal forums that claims that this can be done, but I am waiting for a reply at this point. This is so confusing, paypal really didn't do a good job from what I am reading with regards to the paypal pro sdk etc.  If you download the documentation there are like 400 pages of stuff to read, none of which makes sense to me, because of my ignorance in php and direct api, and PEAR, and paypal.  I was looking and there are paypal solutions for every possible cart but virtuemart, I am wondering if that php_shop paypal pro integration will work with virtuemart, anyone have any idea? That hunter guy in this forum is MIA I think hehe.

Clint

Comenius

I'm in a shared environment as well, and was able to get the pear piece working last night by modifying my top level .htaccess file to include the following:

php_value include_path ".:/usr/local/lib:/blah/blah/blah/webroot/includes/PEAR"

I then dumped all the contents of the PayPal 2.0 SDK into the PEAR directory and voila... things started to work.

Problem is I'm still getting some errors, but it's not from the application refusing to run, they seem to be with the PayPal responses.

Closer, but not there yet...!

:)

clintanderson

Comenius, I am stuck because of this:   php_value include_path ".:/usr/local/lib:/blah/blah/blah/webroot/includes/PEAR"

My directory structure does not contain /user/local/lib:

unless I am suppost to put that in reguardless if I have those folders or not, the colon after that before the blah/blah/blah does that signify where I am suppost to put my directory structure for my local folders where the PEAR is installed?

Clint

Comenius

Hi Clint,

Sorry for not being clear. 

From the Joomla backend, if you click System -> System Info -> PHP Info, you will find your current PHP include_path.  That needs to be the first part.  For me it's .:/usr/local/lib/php

After that, you need to include the full path to where you put the PayPal SDK.  I dumped it in the includes directory under the PEAR directory that was already there as part of my Joomla 1.0.4 install.  For me, that was :/mnt/webhosting/sites/b/blah.com/includes/PEAR

Putting it all together gets you the line you need to include in the .htaccess file: 

php_value include_path ".:/usr/local/lib:/mnt/webhosting/sites/o/blah.com/includes/PEAR"

Hope this is more clear!

:)

clintanderson

ah bonus! That will get me hopefully one step closer to the solution. Thanks a million Comenius!

Clint

Comenius

You bet!  Hopefully between a few of us we can wrestle this to the ground and make it relent!!

Also, as an aside, if you're using Windows for your host as opposed to a Unix flavor, I believe the delimiter you need to use is a semicolon and not a colon.  Everything else should be the same.

For reference:  http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.set-include-path.php

clintanderson

Amen to that buddy, thanks for the link btw. I am using Linux flavor on my shared hosting. So this should work out great!

Talk to you soon,
Clint

Comenius

As an update, I still haven't been able to get this to work with VirtueMart.  I actually started to look around for alternatives, and found the following contribution for osCommerce that is referenced on PayPal's own web pages for WPP:  http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3716

After getting osCommerce up and running and this contribution installed and configured, I was able to process credit cards through PayPal as I've been trying to do with VirtueMart.  So, it appears as if there is open source code out there to make WPP work, it just doesn't yet exist for VirtueMart.  Looking at the osCommerce contribution, it seems fairly involved, and I'm afraid I can't figure out an easy way to port it to VirtueMart, at least with my abilities.  Perhaps someone more skilled at MySQL and PHP could do so...?

clintanderson

Comenius,

There must be 40-50 carts out there with WPP working, I am not understanding why there is not one the is free for the open source virtuemart. I wish I had a better grasp of how all the payment modules work, so I could make something work with virtuemart and give it away free! I have also been looking for alternative carts that have the WPP worked out. I was looking at Zencart, and osCommerce also.  I have not given up on Virtuemart yet, but I am getting tired of working on this issue.

Clint