News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Costumer login / Account

Started by kamstrup, March 06, 2014, 15:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamstrup

I simply cannot figure out how to enable customer login/account maintenance like in VM 1.x in the current VM2.
I used to be able to make a login where people could see their data and history of orders.

More specifically I'd like people could login and check the progress of their orders. Maybe add more functions later.
But how do I do it?

I tried adding a module called slick-login, but that still doesn't let me do anything but change the registered address.

jenkinhill

FFS forget VM1. Make a Joomla menu link of type VirtueMart / Account Maintenance. Then shoppers log in to change delivery address etc & view/check orders.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kamstrup

Thank you, jenkinhill! Well hidden, so much smarter!
Migrated long time ago and had decided not to have login but silent registration. But I'd like customer reviews, facebook-login and order history etc. to ease peoples next buy. Like them to stay, one time buyers are expensive...

Unfortunately I still do not have access to "order history"...
Should that not be under account maintenance?

BTW I'm certain I can get laid, without forgetting VM1... Thanks for the concern :-)

jenkinhill

Quote from: kamstrup on March 06, 2014, 20:48:14 PM
Unfortunately I still do not have access to "order history"...
Should that not be under account maintenance?

It is - click on the orders tab.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kamstrup

Thank you for the answer including screen print. Helped a lot.

Okay, for some reason I do not have access to a "Your orders" tab?
Can this tab have been unselected anywhere?