News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[resolved] Last Virtuermart does not work is not the multilingual!

Started by tobitobi64, March 04, 2014, 11:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobitobi64

Quote from: jjk on March 07, 2014, 20:22:24 PM
I think you still misunderstand how the translation works. Why do you enter 'Olive Oil-en' into the italian category?
If you want to create a new category, starting with Italian, the steps are:

1. Enter the italian category name: Olio Extra-Vergine di Oliva (or Olive Oil-it) and click on on 'Save'. The Sef Alias (slug) will be created automatically, but you can overwrite it if you wish.

2. Select English from the dropdown. A popup appears saying 'No (en-gb) traduzione in Categoria, si prega di compilare i campi contrassegnati con i Flags'. Click 'ok'. Now the language dropdown shows the English flags and your italian category name, slug and description is automatically copied into the fields showing English flags.

3. Now overwrite at least the category name and Sef Alias (Slug), so that the fields with the English flags show: 'Extra-Virgin Olive Oil' (or Olive Oil-en) and 'extra-virgin-olive-oil' click on 'Save' again. You may also delete the italian Sef Alias instead of overwriting it and VM will re-create it from the english Category name when you clik on 'Save'.

4. After you click 'Save' in English, VM will automatically return to Italian. So if you want to check if the English Category name and SEF Alias was saved correctly, you have to select English again from the Dropdown menu.

5. Before you enter more, check in your database table if the italian and english category names and Sef Alias (Slug) were stored in the correct language tables. If everything looks correct, publish the category.

I humbly apologize for not having understood the true meaning of the Multilanguage, I hope that it was not a hindrance,
I always realized in multilingual sites, but on virtuemart was the first time to integrate

thank you so much patience.

It works pretty well Multilingual