News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to configure PayPal and other questions

Started by alatak, March 04, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phamxuanvinh2110

paypal method dont work with me :(
return merchant, can't pay with paypal standard and paypal pro...
I create personal paypal and bussiness paypal, and try it, try it... but not success. help me!!!

aftertaf

Got my first real Weborder the other day :D even though only 5% of all products are visible to public...
But for some reason when the person paid with Paypal, the order went thru twice.
Both orders were status: pending, but we got a notification from Paypal of a successful payment that corresponded to the 2nd order (1 minute interval between the2)
Got a mail telling me of the error, and I see this inside the log :

ERROR checkPaypalIps: Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = .

not a typo, the IP address shown is just a dot,   .

My website is hosted by a friend who is a linux guru, and site is behind firewalls and other things (not sure what he's done but it is secured...). The fix is probably a combination of change of configuration and possibly some rule changes in the firewall or on the hosting side of things, but does anyone know what I/he should do, in this case?
thank you !

Edit 1) Sorry, i posted in the wrong forum. Moved it now ...
Edit 2) Looks like issue is 'known'

2) IP address issues
When the IPN is received, we check that it comes from PayPal. Sometimes, this check fails even though the IP comes from PayPal, we are at the moment investigating this issue.

mfarooqi

virtuemart 3x Paypal sandbox is stuck on securepayments.sandbox.paypal

I'm using Virtuemart 3.2.2 on Joomla 3.7.2 and for payment i'm using PayPal Hosted Pro.

Everything is set us under sandbox paypal account, API, Password, Signature etc. I've enabled Debug mode. When I proceed to checkout, right before moving to paypal i see all debug info.

In Paypal response section I see following info.

PayPal response:: Array (
    [WEBSITECODE]   ⇒ 

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

[EMAILLINK]   ⇒   https://securepayments.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/HostedSoleSolutionApp/webflow/sparta/hostedSoleSolutionProcess?hosted_button_id=HSSS-CM1jeij2UirCxlhu-RQJpxAXpWcBC6cdw.RmQqCiu30I7NQiGVNkxVnGwQqkCqm4p.Zm.w
    [HOSTEDBUTTONID]   ⇒   HSSS-CM1jeij2UirCxlhu-RQJpxAXpWcBC6cdw.RmQqCiu30I7NQiGVNkxVnGwQqkCqm4p.Zm.w
    [TIMESTAMP]   ⇒   2017-06-03T11:38:22Z
    [CORRELATIONID]   ⇒   1492a38425ae0
    [ACK]   ⇒   Success
    [VERSION]   ⇒   104.0
    [BUILD]   ⇒   25237094
    [custom]   ⇒   235f4388aa07bf3ca4481fae78cc593a
    [method]   ⇒   BMCreateButton )
which proceeds further to the link that is shown above as a value of EMAILLINK, when the next page opens, that remains blank, I have refreshed everything, cleared cookies, changed browsers and everything. But that page remains blank.

When i check in developer info in chrome, under console I see following errors.

16:31:35.554 /favicon.ico Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
  16:46:45.240 hostedSoleSolutionProcess Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
Can somebody please check what could be the issue.???

Thank you

AH

What are your settings for the PayPal payment plugin?

You should see something like this in your first lines of debug file:-

2017-06-03 17:56:18 DEBUG plgVmConfirmedOrder: order number: NNNN
2017-06-03 17:56:18 MESSAGE plgVmConfirmedOrder: Amount/Currency stored 63.6 paymentcurrency 52 orderusercurrency52
2017-06-03 17:56:18 DEBUG PayPal BMCreateButton Request variables:: Array
(
    [METHOD] => BMCreateButton
    [VERSION] => 104.0

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mfarooqi

Quote from: AH on June 03, 2017, 20:01:28 PM
What are your settings for the PayPal payment plugin?

You should see something like this in your first lines of debug file:-

2017-06-03 17:56:18 DEBUG plgVmConfirmedOrder: order number: NNNN
2017-06-03 17:56:18 MESSAGE plgVmConfirmedOrder: Amount/Currency stored 63.6 paymentcurrency 52 orderusercurrency52
2017-06-03 17:56:18 DEBUG PayPal BMCreateButton Request variables:: Array
(
    [METHOD] => BMCreateButton
    [VERSION] => 104.0

No, that log file is not being produced.. but only appearing on screen.

Now i'm seeing something on the next page, but that is saying...
Error Processing Payment

Error Message"
This transaction can't be processed. Please pay with another card.

while i an't using any card...  :(

BTW.. for more details, here is the full log view appearing right before paypal URL.

plgVmConfirmedOrder:
order   number:   RPHT01722

plgVmConfirmedOrder:
Amount/Currency   stored   478.17   paymentcurrency   144   orderusercurrency144

PayPal BMCreateButton Request variables::
Array
(
        [METHOD]   ⇒   BMCreateButton
        [VERSION]   ⇒   104.0
        [USER]   ⇒   paypal-businesspro_api1.gmail.com
        [PWD]   ⇒   **MASKED**
        [SIGNATURE]   ⇒   **MASKED**
        [BUTTONTYPE]   ⇒   PAYMENT
        [BUTTONCODE]   ⇒   TOKEN
        [BUTTONIMAGEURL]   ⇒   https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_paynow_SM.gif
        [L_BUTTONVAR0]   ⇒   bn=VirtueMart_Cart_PPA
        [L_BUTTONVAR1]   ⇒   custom=d264846777f92f951685b9306217e0c2
        [L_BUTTONVAR2]   ⇒   partner=PayPal
        [L_BUTTONVAR3]   ⇒   vendor=paypal-businesspro@gmail.com
        [L_BUTTONVAR4]   ⇒   buyer_email=mfarooqi.com@gmail.com
        [L_BUTTONVAR5]   ⇒   invoice=RPHT01722
        [L_BUTTONVAR6]   ⇒   billing_first_name=Muhammad   Sajjad
        [L_BUTTONVAR7]   ⇒   billing_last_name=Farooqi
        [L_BUTTONVAR8]   ⇒   billing_address1=123   -   Marine   View   Ave,
        [L_BUTTONVAR9]   ⇒   billing_city=Belmont
        [L_BUTTONVAR10]   ⇒   billing_zip=94002
        [L_BUTTONVAR11]   ⇒   billing_state=California
        [L_BUTTONVAR12]   ⇒   billing_country=US
        [L_BUTTONVAR13]   ⇒   first_name=Muhammad   Sajjad
        [L_BUTTONVAR14]   ⇒   last_name=Farooqi
        [L_BUTTONVAR15]   ⇒   address1=519   -   Marine   View   Ave,
        [L_BUTTONVAR16]   ⇒   city=Belmont
        [L_BUTTONVAR17]   ⇒   zip=94002
        [L_BUTTONVAR18]   ⇒   state=California
        [L_BUTTONVAR19]   ⇒   country=US
        [L_BUTTONVAR20]   ⇒   subtotal=478.17
        [L_BUTTONVAR21]   ⇒   currency_code=USD
        [L_BUTTONVAR22]   ⇒   return=https://website.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginresponsereceived&paypalproduct=hosted&on=RPHT01722&pm=1&Itemid=815&lang=
        [L_BUTTONVAR23]   ⇒   notify_url=https://website.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component&lang=
        [L_BUTTONVAR24]   ⇒   cancel_return=https://website.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginUserPaymentCancel&paypalproduct=hosted&on=RPHT01722&pm=1&Itemid=815&lang=
        [L_BUTTONVAR25]   ⇒   paymentaction=authorization
        [L_BUTTONVAR26]   ⇒   template=templateA
        [L_BUTTONVAR27]   ⇒   showHostedThankyouPage=false
        [L_BUTTONVAR28]   ⇒   logoImage=https://website.com/images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
)

PayPal response::
Array
(
        [WEBSITECODE]   ⇒ 

PayPal   -   The   safer,   easier   way   to   pay   online!

[EMAILLINK]   ⇒   https://securepayments.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/HostedSoleSolutionApp/webflow/sparta/hostedSoleSolutionProcess?hosted_button_id=HSSS-B7wOoQOjUb5DUluGrF1PBZLVCg8otePAZpMdBCX.uzneoVfpqB1ivS0uV3IjiuwVABIcMQ
        [HOSTEDBUTTONID]   ⇒   HSSS-B7wOoQOjUb5DUluGrF1PBZLVCg8otePAZpMdBCX.uzneoVfpqB1ivS0uV3IjiuwVABIcMQ
        [TIMESTAMP]   ⇒   2017-06-03T19:55:10Z
        [CORRELATIONID]   ⇒   79da84607c840
        [ACK]   ⇒   Success
        [VERSION]   ⇒   104.0
        [BUILD]   ⇒   25237094
        [custom]   ⇒   d264846777f92f951685b9306217e0c2
        [method]   ⇒   BMCreateButton
)
The method is in debug mode. Click here to be redirected to PayPal
The method is in debug mode.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Click here to be redirected to PayPal

Please note: i've changed website's actual URLs.. If you need I will share those too.

AH

Ok - we might be getting somewhere

In your payment method configuration

Change the Template setting

You should have Template D (iframe layout)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mfarooqi

Quote from: AH on June 04, 2017, 11:38:55 AM
Ok - we might be getting somewhere

In your payment method configuration

Change the Template setting

You should have Template D (iframe layout)

Thank you AH.. for your help, but still not working.
Now i'm seeing the same message within iframe..

AH

You need to show me the configuration of your paypal settings

You can PM me with them - hide the secure information!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

The only PayPal Pro I tried I found that the provided test details (cards) for the sandbox were simply wrong

have u tried live? make a 1 cent transaction
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mfarooqi

Quote from: GJC Web Design on June 04, 2017, 23:42:52 PM
The only PayPal Pro I tried I found that the provided test details (cards) for the sandbox were simply wrong

have u tried live? make a 1 cent transaction

No .. I don't think our company will be supporting Credit cards with Paypal.. I want to keep the easiest way for the buyers to simply buy with their paypal accounts.

is really 1cent allowed?...

We'll be using paypal business pro!.
Would you mind if I ask you to check details in my configurations.. I can PM you if you can please!

GJC Web Design

1 cent of course is allowed..  personally I never use the sandbox and do all testing live..
If u only want Paypal as a method why don't you just use the std method..?
What advantage is Business Pro etc?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

AH

The issue is not with credit cards AND sandbox DOES work if it is configured correctly - including IPN.

Testing with live accounts in my opinion should only be performed when you have things working with sandbox (that is its purpose!)

Using hosted pro settings via the iframe template.

However - your issue appears to be with your sandbox account - as you never get to the point where the iframe shows the options to pay by paypal or credit card.

I have posted images from my test site on localhost to a Sandbox Paypal business pro account.

If you need a card number to work with paypal - google is your friend

Test cards:-

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmanager_help/credit_card_numbers.htm

I have posted the images of a card transaction - I just performed using the Visa card number from the test cards Paypal suggested

Using PayPal std is for smaller enterprises (IMHO) jumping in an out of your site to complete a payment, in my opinion, looks very crappy.  A big part of the PayPal pro account is to have support for iframe on your site.

Hosted Iframe allows you to take payments within your pages without having to store or manage the credit card details within your pages. 

Without Iframe you would either have to jump to the PayPal pages or, enable card holders to enter their card details on your sites pages - which would significantly increase your PCI compliance obligations.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mfarooqi

Quote from: GJC Web Design on June 05, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
1 cent of course is allowed..  personally I never use the sandbox and do all testing live..
If u only want Paypal as a method why don't you just use the std method..?
What advantage is Business Pro etc?

Advantages of business pro... I dont' know, it's what documented in virtuemart paypal configurations that account must be upgraded to "Business pro".
look here https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/shop-menu/payment-methods/paypal-hosted-pro.html

and about std method. Payment is shown as successful, (i'm using testing buyer of course), required amount is deducted from buyer's account, but not added up to business account.(the seller), on the other side of VM, shopping cart is emptied, and customer feels, he has bought the product.

I'm always getting following email : An error with your payment method paypal on your store MAcarbon. The details are logged in the file paypal.6.log.php(whatever paypal number is)

and in that log file has following error.. :
2017-06-05 10:17:22 ERROR checkPaypalIps: Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 192.88.134.6.
                        The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal IP address

These are the valid IP Addresses: 173.0.82.126The Order ID received was: WYJ401747

I've tried everything possible .. but still...
:(

AH

PayPal pro account costs you x dollars per month with PayPal.

If you don't have a real PayPal business pro account  - then you cannot use the VM PayPal hosted pro solution in live.

You need to configure PayPal standard
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mfarooqi

That is right. But paypal std is not working either. .. products are added into cart, checkouts properly, paypal window appears, transaction is made, amount deducted from buyer's account.. and the buyer redirects back to vm site, the cart is emptied.. (the buyer has done perfect job)
... on the shop side.. no amount received in paypal account, no email as confirmation made, but only an error email appears..
An error with your payment method paypal on your store MAcarbon. The details are logged in the file paypal.6.log.php

which says.
2017-06-05 10:17:22 ERROR checkPaypalIps: Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 192.88.134.6.
                        The remote address of the script posting to this notify script does not match a valid PayPal IP address

These are the valid IP Addresses: 173.0.82.126The Order ID received was: WYJ401747