Main Menu

How to configure PayPal and other questions

Started by alatak, March 04, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suvicka

VM 2.6.6
Joomla! 2.5.24
Debug on VM ON

When i dont use PayPal i can normal make an order, when i use PayPal i get this error:

Warning: mcrypt_decrypt(): The IV parameter must be as long as the blocksize in .../administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/vmcrypt.php on line 52
Fatal error: Call to undefined method plgVmPaymentPaypal::setInConfirmOrder() in /.../plugins/vmpayment/paypal/paypal.php on line 399

Some help? :(

suvicka

Problem solved from help of "Pavel [byPV.org]" thx

Had wrong version of AIO (probably a new one)

anekro

Hi. I'm having problems with stock control and PayPal.

I need pending orders to be cancel; i have a lot of product with only 1 item in stock, and when the order is pending, customers can't buy it, and I have to cancel the order manually.

How can I do that automatically??

Thank You

anekro

Thank you.

Finally I changed options, and now only payed orders reserve stock.

Marcos82

Hello

I seem to be having a problem with my paypal during checkout on my site. I am using Joomla version 2.5.27 and Virtuemart  2.6.12, whenever a purchased is being made with paypal, the site does not redirect to the paypal page for payment. It just says thanks for the order. I have no idea what has gone wrong with my paypal plugin. Please all help is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

jenkinhill

Did you not look at/read or search this forum? IF you did you would have come across this thread - right on this very page.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=126506.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jessie111

hi all,

Our site is using the default Paypal Standard payment gateway in Virtuemart 3.0.3

When customer clicks the "Cancel and return to site" in paypal screen, it will clear the product in the cart and gives two errors, see attached.
Why it says "the product out of stock"? But the product is not sold.
Then if you refresh the page, it will just give a notice "You have cancelled your payment."

Is there solution to this? Please help, thanks a lot.

----------------------------------------------------
Also we once changed the payment method from Paypal standard to Paypal express checkout, but when we added products to cart, then clicked the Cart, it would directly go to the Paypal site, customers couldn't double check the products or adjust the products in the cart before going to the paypal site.  What can I do to adjust this?

Best regards,
Jessie

mgordon

Just a note using the Hathor template for Administration I was unable to add a payment method or shipping method. I turned on troubleshooting to maximum, and got this error message before adding a payment method:

Notice: Undefined property: JPaginationObject::$active in /customers/9/3/3/countryfisher.no/httpd.www/administrator/templates/hathor/html/pagination.php on line 144 Notice: Undefined property: JPaginationObject::$active in /customers/9/3/3/countryfisher.no/httpd.www/administrator/templates/hathor/html/pagination.php on line 144 Notice: Undefined property: JPaginationObject::$active in /customers/9/3/3/countryfisher.no/httpd.www/administrator/templates/hathor/html/pagination.php on line 144 Notice: Undefined property: JPaginationObject::$active in /customers/9/3/3/countryfisher.no/httpd.www/administrator/templates/hathor/html/pagination.php on line 144

Changing the back end template to ISIS solved the matter.  SO if you have the same issue, try changing your back end template. ;)

joaobraga

I have developed a Ecommerce website (virtuemart) The website checks out with PayPal. I am having an issue with IPN.

The situation:

Business PayPal Account checks out on the website goes through to PayPal. PayPal authorises transaction and the money is taken with no problem at all. No error comes back. The order status goes back into the website as confirmed.

Standard PayPal user checks out on the website goes through PayPal authorises the transaction and the money is taken. However I get an error for IP (see below)

ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN

The status of the order in the website is Pending.

I get this email: An error with your payment paypal on your store XXX" referencing an error log file, paypal.1.log.php ...

The error log file is this:

#
#<?php die("Forbidden."); ?>

2016-02-23 10:02:51 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:16:30 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:29:16 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:33:20 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:44:09 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:54:23 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 10:58:09 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN
2016-02-23 11:25:22 ERROR validateIpnContent: VMPAYMENT_PAYPAL_ERROR_POSTING_IPN

The email off the vendor is the same off the paypal sandboc account.

Any sugestion?

VM 3.0.4
Joomla! 3.3.6
PHP 5.3.29

oliviadiana

Hey, everyone.

I am currently configuring a Joomla template that is using Virtuemart 3.0.10 and I have trouble with using PayPal standard.
System Configuration:

PHP Built On   Linux vg4.gazduire.ro 2.6.32-531.29.2.lve1.3.11.10.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jun 12 15:09:02 EDT 2015 x86_64
Database Version   5.5.28
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version   5.3.27
Web Server   Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.5.1 Stable [ Unicorn ] 05-April-2016 22:45 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.116 Safari/537.36

Attached are the errors I commonly get - it is mainly a currency issue: I get an invoice for 141 USD instead of 141 RON (which is pretty bad) or I am just told the payment cannot be made in RON.

I am really at the beginning of this, I really hope I have explained everything clearly.
Awaiting for your reply and thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Olivia

oliviadiana

Sorry, forgot to attach screenshots...

Thank you!

GJC Web Design

have never recently configured a site with un-supported currencies  but in VM2 I used to convert to USD in the plugin

but in VM3 there are I assume settings for this .. have u experimented to see if the conversion is done automatically?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

oliviadiana

Hey, GJC Web Design, thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Yes, I actually experimented everything in the dropdown (Default Vendor Currency, Selected Currency in Currency Module, Romanian Lei). And I still get the same error:
"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in RON. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

I have no idea how to configure this. The guys that made the template told me it is not a problem from inside the template and that I should contact VirtueMart.
I am still trying to figure out where is the issue actually...

GJC Web Design

I agree that it is a plugin problem  ..  I can't tell u for certain as I have never tried but the simplest would be to directly change the currency ( what currency do u want to use? Euro?) and calc. the correct amount in the Paypal plugin if it doesn't natively do this

It needs coding there in this case
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

oliviadiana

Wow, GJC Web Design, you were right - it can be solved by simply adding the Euro in the 'List of Accepted Currencies' (Shop Configuration) and selecting Euro as 'Payment Currency' in the 'Payment Methods' on the right :D

Now it works perfectly, yey!