VM2 shoppers registered twice: bug or something else?

Started by SteP[IT], January 06, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteP[IT]

Since few upgrades ago almost every shopper that registers itself using the VM2 registration at checkout form appears to be recorded twice in joomla database, with the same user data... It there a way to identify the reason? When the user closes an order, the order is attached to only one of the two identical accounts.
Using Jommla 2.5.17 - VM 2.0.26
Any help is very appreciated :)
J 3.9.2 - VM 3.4.3

MMC EDIZIONI - Italian High-Quality PaperBooks Publisher
Site: https://www.mmcedizioni.it

SteP[IT]

J 3.9.2 - VM 3.4.3

MMC EDIZIONI - Italian High-Quality PaperBooks Publisher
Site: https://www.mmcedizioni.it

jonraeside

Hi - We are experiencing a similar thing on Joomla 2.5.11 and Virtuemart 2.0.24. Sometimes a user will register and have a partial record (name and email only despite a mandatory address field etc), and sometimes a user registers and it creates two identical shoppers (only one of which is logged in Joomla). Can anyone help?

sfigattomambo

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue with Joomla 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.26d.
It seems to be a session problem, especially using IE.
We are using a Joomla registration process that requires Users account activation.
Sometimes users that perform registration on checkuot are registered twice in Joomla users management list. Both users have the same username and email address but are inactive and disabled.
Due to this, double activation links received by e-mail do not work and users are not able to activate the account and close the orders.

Do any of you have any ideas about this issue?
Many thanks

logobis

Hi,

Nice to see I'm not alone. Same problem and don't know why ?
Joomla 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.17.
I don't use specific plugin or component for joomla or VMregistration, my template don't use too,....I try to see if the problem come from user who register first in Joomla then in VM but not at all ! Sometimes yes, sometimes no...
Thank's for your answers...

Milbo

The process stores first the joomla user, using joomla native methods.

If that was successfull, we store the vm data. So it seems for me to be a joomla problem. Maybe we should search in their forums for an answer.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

logobis

Hi,

Maybe I have a beginning of clue...
I've recently moved to a private server which allowed me to desactivate the Joomla cache. It was very useful with the previous server, hosted by ovh on mutual offer, but without interest with the new one very, very faster !!!
And curiously, since (1 week) I didn't have twice registration..before, I had at least one/day.
Your conclusion ?

sfigattomambo

Hi logobis,
my development website is on a private server and the Joomla cache is disabled. The double user registration happen always with Internet Explorer and at the end of the application session time.
With Firefox and Chrone I had never experienced a double user registration.

Thanks
Luca