News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart Order Emails not sending to vendor or customer

Started by binarix, February 24, 2014, 13:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binarix

I am using

Joomla 2.5.18
Virtuemart : 2.0.26d

I have tried most of the things mentioned in the forum but its still not working. i have two payment methods, standard and offline credit card payment.

But none of them sending any email notifications.

I thought its something wrong with my emails. So I used gmail and setup the mailer settings and then did a Mass email in User Manager

then I received that email which indicates that the issue is coming from Virtuemart.

Can someone help me on this. I have no clue of the issue.

jjk

Does the 'Ask a question about this Product' email work with your current email settings?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

binarix

Hi,

Yes. I received that. Its working fine over there.

I did a test and its working

jjk

Go to VirtueMart Configuration > Checkout tab and check if you have selected one or more order statuses in the field 'Default Order Status to send email to vendor '. I would suggest to select at least 'Pending' and 'Confirmed by Shopper'.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

binarix

oh got it. I think i found the error.

Thank you so much

rwkc

joomla 2.5.19
virtuemart 2.6.0

I have tried all things mentioned in the forum but it's still not working. I have one payment methods paypal, it will not send any email order notifications no pending, no confirmed, none of them. I have checked each Default Order Status one by one and unchecked and applied them still no luck.

I have reset permissions on the hosting server.
Where is the config files so I can edit the code?
virtuemart product emails work with my email settings.
Recommend to a friend link works.
Joomla contact email works.
The orders show up in the back end.

When I try to update order status in the back end and click to save update order status virtuemart gives me a "The website cannot display the page  HTTP 500" and when i reload the page im in the back end but out of virtuemart. its like virtuemart crashes.

Help! Suggestions please...

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Very detailled question :-)

I suggest to remove the pending from emails and invoice. The invoice is usually only created for "confirmed", "refund", "cancelled".

If you use paypal, maybe there is an email setting in your paypal config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rwkc

Quote from: Milbo on April 13, 2014, 20:32:54 PM
Very detailled question :-)

I suggest to remove the pending from emails and invoice. The invoice is usually only created for "confirmed", "refund", "cancelled".

If you use paypal, maybe there is an email setting in your paypal config.

Ok, I removed pending and still no luck, the mail comes in from paypal just fine. I can make a payment and I received a payment email just fine. I don't get any email from virtuemart.   

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alatak

Hello
QuoteI have one payment methods paypal, it will not send any email order notifications no pending, no confirmed, none of them. I have checked each Default Order Status one by one and unchecked and applied them still no luck.

On pending it is normal: no emails are sent in that case.
On confirmed it is not normal. Your order status is updated correctly ?
an you do the following: turn on the debug + log option in the paypal config. Do a checkout, and copy/paste the content of your paypal log file.

If you are using the 2.6.0, you have a sub-menu entry in the menu Tools to view the log file.