News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] How to disable the one page checkout

Started by Jazajay, February 16, 2014, 17:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazajay

Virtuemart: 2.0.26d

Hi All
As some may know I am having a few issues with the latest version's check out process. After just watching at least the 10 order go down the drain this week via real time Analytics - on this occasion all the guy/gal had to do was click the button 1 more time and he/she was through it; but, he gave up after:
1) Entering the basket
2) Adding his shipping details
3) Selecting his shipping information
4) Reloading the basket page again - I assuming that this was because of the shipping method not saving when it say it has so it reloads the page with no notification
5) Going away

The problem is on all occasions it goes back to the top of the page with no notification that anything has been saved or what to do next.

A one page check out should be that - all the information added on 1 page via AJAX at least.

So I have decided to bite the bullet and drop it as its costing too much money now.

So I have disabled it on my local copy via going to the admin area > configuration > checkout > unselect one page checkout.

Loaded the basket page; but, nothing appears to have changed.

I have disabled any overrides I have for the cart process; but, it makes no difference; just my add to cart button goes to the right.

I really need to get rid of this 1 page checkout; because the loss of over 10 orders this week alone, if it continuous WILL lose me this contract; because I'm driving orders; but, so many people are just giving up with the checkout process due to bugs.

HOW FOR LOVE OF WHAT EVER DO I TURN IT OFF????????? :)

Please, please help :)

Jazajay

Hi
I think this is down to the wording on the pop up - I was expecting something completely different.

IE: Something similar to V1 checkout process when it is not a 1 page.

Styled up and everything is now working - I hope :/

By the way dev team - if you do a 1 page checkout make it so it is 1 page and not loading up different pages to add shipping etc... because that by definition is not a 1 page checkout. TBH, there is not much difference between the 2 and the none 1 page checkout requires a lot less effort and fewer micro actions to actually accomplish the task of checking out. :)