News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Customizing List Orders

Started by eminaymuzik, February 14, 2014, 21:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eminaymuzik

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to customize the list orders section.  I want customers to be able to go to their order history and see an additional row (Ship To Company Name).

Currently the order history section has Order Number, Order Date, Order Status, And Order Total.  I would like to squeeze Ship To Last Name or Company name in that list.  Any way to do that?

Also, Does anyone know of an extension that allows me to do the above and also make orders searchable and sortable? Paid or free.

Thank you

VM 2.0.26d
Joomla! 2.5.9

eminaymuzik

I'm not very good at this but I'm hoping I get a little help.  I found that the List Orders is edited here: /templates/Template_Name/html/com_virtuemart/orders

And the code used to call an order number is this:

<td align="left">
          <a href="<?php echo $editlink?>"><?php echo $row->order_number?></a>
        </td>

How do I write a code to call a 'ship to address nickname' instead of an order number?  I tried different ways and it won't work.

Any help is appreciated, I just need the ship to address nickname to be in the list.

Thank you!

Jazajay

Hi eminaymuzik
Have you tried: print_r(..), on: $row, to see what is available to be accessed?

Jaz

eminaymuzik

Hi Jazajay,

Thank you for your response.  I'm not good at this, to be honest I'm surprised I'm able to do anything with CSS.  I really don't know what you mean.  What should I do here?

Thanks

eminaymuzik

To better explain this.....

I was able to have the list orders show a row for the 'Address Nickname', but I can't get it to show the actual value for each row.  I attached an image.

[attachment cleanup by admin]