News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

I really need help, updating cart

Started by enzoart, February 15, 2014, 23:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzoart

really need your help, I have tried everyhing, but i cannot find a solution...

Add to cart works, but if i want to delete og update the quantity, on check out nothing happens. If i close the page or update the page, the message 1 product deleted, if i then again click add to cart the shopping cart stays empty.

I have tried:

1. disable all cache
2. Activate only Gk cache extended
3. Activated jotcache and deactivated again..
4 I have turn off virtuemart j query
5 change template in virtuemart to default
6. Change template without luck

And about one million other things

I have the latest of ekstension, templates etc..

I dont know what to do, the problem seems to appear, after i added some custom user fields in virtuemart i have deleed thoose for now.

I really hope that you have a solution

www.artbynielsen.dk/artby

/Anders

enzoart

Anyone :-) i have tried everything, but nothing seems to work for me :-)

Thanks

Anders

Jazajay

I would have a look at your configuration file / globle settings.

I get this error when trying to update your cart:

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings.  It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Perhaps your live site is still set to your local testing / templates theme / Plugin etc....?

enzoart

Hello..

Thnaks for your reply, i am a graphic guy, coding is not my strong side .-) I was missing the safe path configuration this is ok now. The strange thing is if i delete the items in my cart, and click´on update care three times it works..

All cache is disable..

Arggggg i will continued struggling with this thanks again for your post..

/Anders

Jazajay

It Anders
It appears to be working fine for me know. :

Here's hoping your issus has now been solved :)

Jaz

enzoart

Hey Jazajay..

Thanks for your post :-)

the problem is still there i have tested in safari, IE, Chrome and firefox but nothing works, i can ad product to the cart, but i cannot delete or update the cart.

If i click on delete, and then click 3-4 times on update it works, but here is another problem if i add another item to the basket the notification message remains with the text the cart is empty ????

/Anders

Jazajay

Hi Enozoart
Try be taking ti back to basics and disabling all extentions and plugins.

Start with the Facebook plugin / module that looks to be causing this error:

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings.  It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

If it works when there is only the core system files on, then you know its an issue with a plugin / module. If it doesn't you know the issues with your version of Virtuemart. :)

enzoart

Hi again...

I have the playing around, and the Facebook is de activated, i have disable all my modules, plugins but nothing works :-(

I need to learn how to debug my site, i use firebug but but as a newbie :-)

Thanks again..

Anders

Jazajay

Okay so if everythig is disabled - except Virtuemart - we have learnt something - the problem is with your version of Virtuemart and nothing else. Progress :)

I can't see it being a core file issue - otherwise loads of other people would have mentioned it.

So that leaves:
1) A setting in the admin area
2) A template override issue
3) An out of date version

So next question what version of Virtuemart are you running and do you have any template overrides in place?

enzoart

Hello again..

I have this in my template css override

.orderby-displaynumber {
    display:none !important;
}

But nothing happens when i disable that ...

I am running the latest virtuemart, and the latest template...

What can be wrong in the settings in the admin area ...

Thanks again ..

/Anders

enzoart

Jazajay

Hi enzoart
Sorry I don't know. If everything is disabled back to just the core system files I would suggest to make sure every setting is correct.

Check every setting in:
Virtuemart > configuration
Virtuemart > Shop
Configuration.php

Bar that I am at a loss, it works fine on mine and I'm running the latest versions.

enzoart

Thanks for your help.

One litle thing could it be a problem with my hosting company ?

/Anders