News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] No notification on selecting shipping

Started by Jazajay, February 13, 2014, 21:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazajay

Hi
When I select shipping in the checkout process it reloads the cart page; but, with no notification. Then when you click the proceed to pay button it relaods the same page with a notification that shipping has been selected.

I would ideally like this first notification to happen the first time the shipping is selected and not make the user have to click the button twice before they can pay.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Jaz

Virtuemart: 2.0.26d
Joomla:  2.5.18

jenkinhill

Are you using one page checkout or a commercial VM template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jazajay

Hi Jenkin
I am using the built in one page checkout. You can see this here: http://www.psasolutions.uk.com/your-basket

I must say thank you again. :)

Jazajay

Also note to repllcate this I:

Click the proceed to payment button with no information in > Filled in my details > then selected my shipping from the next page > on selecting it on that page it reloads the cart with no notification; but, I have been gone for 2 pages so it's not clear that I then need to save the shipping, then proceed to pay. :)

Jaz

jenkinhill

There is an issue with VM2.0.26d's one page checkout causing loops. Try turning it off.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jazajay

Hi Jenkin
As always I seriously appreciate it. The thing is I like the one page checkout thourgh - I just want it to work better.

The strange thing is it has to be something simple, because when you select your shipping this way it loads the page with no notification, say it has saved the shipping method; but, when you click proceed to checkout, it then loads the page saying your shipping mthod has been saved.

So to me it would suggest that it is something like a cookie or session variable not updating on the shipping method page; because, it has clearly saved to the DB when you hit the page first time.

So it should only be an if statement check alteration.....I wonder :)

jenkinhill

A lot of people have had problems with the current OPC. Milbo has a fix to test for controller checkout issues, although that may not be the cause of your issue. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121570.msg416830#msg416830

Checkout is being rewritten and enhanced for the next VM version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Jazajay

Update to this - this is the OPC causing issues. Topic solved - disable this via the admin area. (You wont notice much difference in layout - just better and easier functionality). :)