News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"notify me"

Started by rage76, February 12, 2014, 12:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage76

How can the "notify me" button be set to send an email to the VM administrator when someone has entered their details?

VM ver: 2.x
Joomla ver: 2.5.x

Vickula

Did you find a solution to this question as I would like the same functionality!

rage76

jenkinhill

That is not a configurable option, even in VM2.5, and as far as I am aware, nobody has yet written a plugin to provide that function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rage76

I hope someone comes up with a solution for this. This is a very important issue and needs to be addressed  !!

jenkinhill

If you need it and cannot program it yourself then why not commission a programmer to write a plugin or code to be included in the VM core?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rage76

Just updated to VM 2.60 but there is still nothing on "notify me"

Am I missing something?

Robert_ITMan

I just updated to 2.6.6 and the code for the back end product 'notify me' went missing! 2.6.2 had a button and now even that is gone. The code from 2.0.? had everything working... what happened to that code?!

2.6.6 I tested and can see we still have the notify me working on the front end (we call it 'wait list') so we only need the back end product status code to be restored so we can again see who is on the notify me list / wait list and send the notice and update the 'Notified' date/time stamp.

If/when I find a fix I will post it here.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

jenkinhill

The customer notify code is still there.Here is an example on the product status page.  The now in stock option only shows if the product is actually out of stock and there are customers waithing to be notified.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Robert_ITMan

jenkinhill - thanks for the quick reply! I don't see that in my 2.6.6 installs!? I'm looking at product status for products that have waiting lists. I don't have any admin templates for products pages - something is wrong... can you help?

See attached product-status-where-is-waitlist.jpg with print screens showing:

• Back end Product Status - where is the wait list?
  • Front end Product Details template customized to show Wait List when loged in as admin
  • Back end Inventory template customized to show pending and waitlist and more

WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

Robert_ITMan

I see it now too - it was easy... and obvious: See attached product-status-waitlist-set-in-configuration.jpg

For the waiting list / notify to work and be viewable we need to set this properly in the configuration: VM Configuration > Shopfront > SELECT Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button (under 'Action when a Product is Out of Stock').

Sending the email is not working though: I tested adding to wait list works, sending notice from back end to 1 removed them from the list with 'Use notification template' checked and tried again with unckecked... but no emails were received, even though I received the alert pop-up stating email(s) sent and the users were removed from the top of the list 'Users waiting to be notified when this product is back in stock'.

WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS

www.ourfingertips.com

rage76

I have gotten rid of the"notify me" thing.

It is better to allow normal ordering to out-of-stock products and specify product availability rather than using this feature which actually is totally useless until, a proper plugin is used to send a mail to the admin.