News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

500 internal server error

Started by django29, February 07, 2014, 11:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

django29

Hi

Suddenly, the links to a products category, and only one, show an "Internal server error" on a blank page.

Tried everything I could, and searched in the topics of this forum : no solution.
Joomla 2.5.18
PHP 5.4.23
Mysql 5.1.70-cll
Virtuemart 2.0.26d

In the admin, with debug, I have hundreds of lines like :
Strict Standards: Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::fix_protocol() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxx/public_html/sitefolder/libraries/simplepie/simplepie.php on line 833

After a few hours lost on this problem, I would appreciate an advice.

jenkinhill

Ignore simple pie error, that is really only a warning. Look in the server error log file for the cause of the 500.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

django29

Hi Kelvyn. thanks for your answer.

The error messages concerning this website are :
[Wed Feb 12 10:21:43 2014] [error] [client 95.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/myname/public_html/mysite/404.shtml
[Wed Feb 12 10:21:43 2014] [error] [client 95.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/myname/public_html/mysite/materiaux-maison

Do you think it could be the reason of the blank page and "Inernal server error" just for one category in VM ?

In this case, what can I do ?

jenkinhill

Error message is not very helpful. I'd delete and recreate the problem category. Maybe the slug (Sef Alias) is duplicated elesewhere or has a non-ascii character?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum