News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

ACL Virtuemart 2.0.26d

Started by Arphaxad, February 07, 2014, 09:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arphaxad

Hello,
I would like a few employees have access to only certain parts of VirtueMart 2.026d.
The parties that I would open them are : access to orders and customers only.
I installed ACL Manager (it does not work the VirtueMart part of ACL manager click on "More Actions" is inactive) and tried the "rights" but I can not seem to bridle the access only customers and Orders.
Thank you for your help.

Joomla 2.5.18
Virtuemart 2.0.26d

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

ACL is hopefully changing for VM2.1 to follow the full Joomla system. ATM superuser status is still required to view orders.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gryth

Hi,

I think what you want to do can be set using Virtuemart's native Permissions.

The Permissions function does not appear on all areas of the Virtuemart backend.  For example it is available on Shopper Groups but not Shoppers.

Once you have found it you should be able to limit access to specific areas of Virtuemart by User Group.

See attached screenshot.

___

How did you set up your additional users to be able to access the Virtuemart backend?

take care,

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Arphaxad

Thank you for help.
I'm waiting impatiently version 2.1

ocean1

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 10, 2014, 13:13:56 PM
ACL is hopefully changing for VM2.1 to follow the full Joomla system.

YES final, after a long wait. ACL as everyone would like to see. I can not wait any longer.
Tomorrow? Next week? And, and, and when?

jenkinhill

The revised ACL is available in the next version which you can test now. The release numbering system has been changed, so check out VM2.5.1 from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files on a test site - or try the full Joomla/VM package (although there is a more recent bug fixed version we are curently checking, available in SVN).

If more people gave up a little time to help with testing and bug spotting then development would proceed much faster.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Arphaxad

Thank You Kelvin,
I will try VM 2.1.1

jenkinhill

NO. The version is 2.5.1 - and use only on a test site until fully debugged, so report any bugs you find on http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=136.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Arphaxad