Giftcard expired, but still working so customers still get discount

Started by Renata, October 27, 2014, 10:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renata

Dear all, ik think this is a bug and therefore i put my question in this forum. if not, please feel free to move this topic to the forum in question.

i use Joomla 2.5.27 / Virtuemart 2.6.12

Giftcard virtuemart (orders & customers > giftcards):

We have configurated gift card as attached file: configuration_giftcard.jpg

As you can see the giftcard should expire on april the 7th 2014.

But the expiration date does not work. If you know the code you still get the discount: see attached file expired_gift_card_still_working

But this is strange, if you don't know the code, but in the past you did use this code for another product, the discount automaticly shows up in the shopping card. I removed the product from shopping card, i did clear cache of the browser and still discount is showing, without the code!!!!: see attached file: removed_product_clearingcashe_still_showing_discount.jpg

If i order another book, without filling in the giftcode (which is expired) i still get discount: See attached file: new_product_not_filled_in_code_still_discount.jpg

I found out the following:
Expiration date of gift card is not working
Only if you remove cookies from your computer (what most of the visitors don't do!), the discount disappears from the shopping card. But if you know the code, expired or not, you get the discount.

Please advise?

Kind regards
Renata

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Please visit my website https://responsivewebsitemaken.nl for all your graphic webdesign and Joomla websites.