News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2 catagories 1 canonical link

Started by Meton, January 31, 2014, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meton

Hello All,

As the title says i want to add products in 2 catagories. What i dont want is to have 2 different canonical links. (google always indexes the wrong one  :-\)

What i would like to achief:

SITE/catagorieNORMAL/product-detail                       (canonical=SITE/catagorieNORMAL/product-detail)
SITE/categorieSALES/product-detail                          (canonical=SITE/catagorieNORMAL/product-detail)

Is there any way to achieve this?
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

jjk

Which versions of Joomla/VirtueMart do you use? For my J2.5.17/VM2.0.26d shop it works like you want it by default. If I assign two categories to a product, the canonical url always includes the first category from the category selection list and that's the one that Google displays. The other product details page usually is not indexed by Google but it becomes indexed e.g. as part of the category page.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Meton

Thx for the reply!

I am using  2.0.26a, i have updated 2 weeks ago, i dint test it in the new version. Ill give it a go and let you know what the result is.
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

Meton

Worked like a charm! Thx fot the reply!
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18