News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Order confirmation email

Started by virtuenewbee, January 29, 2014, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtuenewbee

Hi,
I'm learning to use VM and don't understand a concept on order confirmation email:
I need to set VM to send an order-received confirmation email, right after the order is made, but all information I could find on google is about the confirmation email that vendor could send after shop-keeping (like, receiving order, checking if item in stock, etc. etc. and at the end send a confirmation email message to the buyer to let to know order is in process).

Is it at all possible to make VM send order-received confirmation email or it must be separately programmed please?

jenkinhill

Of course order emails are sent, usually once payment is confirmed, as configured for Order Status settings in Configuration/Checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

virtuenewbee

Thank you, I just found it and mails are sent now, but can't find where to edit mail template, by forum search I found out that I must find "COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_YOUR_ORDER" and alike, in folders like:
~/components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice

but my shop is in Russian language and I can't find where the Russian translation is and searching for them in "languages" folder in root of Joomla did not give result (I have virtuemart*.ini files there but no invoice in them!).

I made a new post on this:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121883.msg415911#msg415911