[SOLVED] Have to name a delivering method - but there is none (perpetual cycle)

Started by stylebreak, January 29, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stylebreak

We're trying to compose an e-shop here in Switzerland. The shop sells - what else - swiss cheese. The Joomla version is  V2.5.17, viruemart V2.0.26d. The shop is at http://chaesshop.ch/e_shop
Now the problem:
There are several products (sorts of cheese) but only one delivering method. The delivering method should have 2 prices for more or less then 2 kg products. This is done with 2 records.
There is only one country (Switzerland) and only one currency.
After shopping I see in the shopping cart a message, that there is no delivery method choosen. There is a link to choose the delivery method.
The link opens a screen: "There is no delivery method choosen. Please choose a delivery method ..."(or so, the shop is in German language). There is NO possibility to choose a delivery method, but there are two buttons "take over" or "cancel". With both buttons I land in the first screen (the shopping cart). When I want to skip this step and want to pay the system sends me to the "Please choose..."-Screen again.
Now the real strange thing: The builder of the shop (my buddy, who can't unfortunately speak English) has NOT this problem. He can shop at whim on every browser at his machines. But I (and a third person) have the problem mentioned above EVEN WHEN WE USE HIS LOGIN-DATA.
Has anyone any ideas?
Thank you for your answers.

bunglehaze

I think that this is perhaps another like I have been reporting to Milbo. Can you setup a shipping method that has a basic price and no weight restrictions and then re-test. My findings have been that any shipping with a minimum or maximum weight assigned do not display whereas ones without such restrictions work as expected - if you can do that and report back I can feed it back into the other thread.

stylebreak

SOLVED

Now it works!

We've set in the delivery methods in the buyer group (maybe in English the purchaser group - as I said our shop is in German language) not only DEFAULT but ANONYMOUS as well.
Then we had to empty the browser cache to see the results.

Milbo

Stylebreak, you should not set any shoppergroup if it should work for all shoppergroups. And yes, the automatic selection fails if some values are not set.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member