Main Menu

Product Long Description Layout

Started by ahtaylor1, January 28, 2014, 23:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahtaylor1

Joomla : 2.5.14
PHP: 5.3.28
VM : 2.0.26d

I want to change the layout of how my product is displayed.  At the moment the image is on the left with the price and "add to cart" on the left.

My problem is that I want to use the "long description" but this is currently set to display below my product image and I want it to display on the left of the product image (underneath the "add to cart".

I have used firebug to locate the code for the "long description" and amended the code in firebug so it displayed how I would want it to but when I tried to amend the code to my live site I cannot seem to get it to display.

I am in the right file arent I?  VMsite-ltr.css?

Thanks

jenkinhill

If you are editing css then it is best to add your amended styles to the end of the Joomla template css or make a custom css file and edit the Joomla template index.php to load it after all other style sheets have loaded.

To change the product details layout like you describe it is better to edit the layout template, components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php  and use the edited file as a template override.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum