News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Increase character limit for virtuemart custom field type editor

Started by sanchitrasiya, January 28, 2014, 17:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanchitrasiya

Hi,

How can I increase the character count for virtuemart custom field type editor? It does not take more than 8000 characters.

Please let me know.

Thanks

sanchitrasiya

Hi,

I found a solution to this. The database table has a limit to characters. So to change this, you would need to alter the database table- <db_prefix>_virtuemart_product_customfields.

Edit the field/column named 'custom_value' and set the limit. By default it is 8000. You may increase it according to your requirements. However, if you are not sure of the maximum length as what to type in, you may change the datatype of this field/column to mediumtext and keep the Length/Values field blank. If I am not wrong, this would automatically adjust the length according to the content.

PS- Not sure about the last statement above.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
sanchit@cctech.co.in

ipapaiacovou

How can I access to this table? database table- <db_prefix>_virtuemart_product_customfields
Sorry I am new to joomla

sanchitrasiya

You can access it through PhpMyAdmin in cPanel. Login to your PhpMyAdmin & browse for the Joomla database.

You can find your database name & the tables prefix by visiting your Joomla control panel > Site > Global Configuration > Server, under Database Settings.

Hope that helps.

./Sanchit

ipapaiacovou

I tried to change it to mediatext but nothing is happening.  I also increased the 8000 but it doesn't save it

sanchitrasiya

I am not sure what is going wrong there.

You may post in your Support Query here- http://www.geeksscript.com/requests.html

./Sanchit