On checkout page. When selecting the State or Country, Bar wont scroll.

Started by capewellmj, January 27, 2014, 19:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capewellmj

Hello.

On the checkout page in virtuemart. When entering the address and choosing the state or country from  the dropdown- the bar that allows you to scroll through cannot be clicked and dragged.

I can scroll using arrows or the mouse wheel but I cannot click and drag the bar.

I thought it was the OPC so I disabled and tried without but it still doesn't work. This is a problem with Virtuemart.

Thank you,

Martin

Using Joomla! 2.5.16 Virtuemart 2.0.26d

[attachment cleanup by admin]

capewellmj

Hello

Quick update. I noticed this issue is specific to chrome.

Martin

bunglehaze

Have you checked that the country selection script is not being overridden or handled by another script elsewhere on your site? It is normally a script issue when things like that happen

capewellmj

I do not know how to check that. I don't believe it is though.

Out of  interest is this happening on anyone elses site when they test in Chrome?

Martin

bunglehaze

No.  I use chrome as my main OS browser and test in the rest,  anytime I had an issue with our try selection it was due to either the script being disabled in config or a conflict with a similar script elsewhere

capewellmj

Hello.

Okay after realizing that the scrollbar had the same issue on other dropdown menus including the "jump to" drop down on this forum  I have concluded it is Chrome in general with the issue. After some research I find this report.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57617308-93/chrome-users-mad-at-google-for-switching-up-scroll-controls/

It appears to be with windows 7 and 32 bit operating systems from what I can tell if anyone wants to test the theory. I will try with windows 8 when I get home.

Thank you,

Martin

capewellmj

Just to confirm it was Chrome. After reading this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21166379/html-select-scroll-bar-not-functioning-correctly-in-chrome-32

I went to the chrome site and downloaded the latest version. After reinstalling my scrollbars work again.

Martin