Clone product does not clone descriptions in other languages

Started by lucrus, December 20, 2012, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucrus

Hello there,

I have a problem with VM 2.014/J2.5. When I clone a product that has two descriptions, one for italian language and the other for english language, the cloned product keeps only a copy of the italian language description (default site language), but it does not get a copy of the english language description. Are there any options I missed to make "clone product" function copy all the languages descriptions?

TIA.
Lucio.

lucrus

Since my question has been moved to the bugs forum and no one replied in a few days, I assume it's not my fault but actually a VM2 bug. I'd like to file a bug report at developer portal, but I couldn't find the link to sign up there...

frogybella

Hi,

Bug is still present in 2.0.20b.

I have the same behavior but worse... I loose the price information too.

I have searched for a bug list "in progress" but did not find much. Any information welcome...

Regards,

Fred
Frogybella

My website : www.fdbi.com

Milbo

The bug is solved for anyone else, you must have some other problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Edit:

The price problem was fixed, but reappeared by adding the multiple prices. There is a fix for this already in the svn. About the language problem, hmmm. I did not check it yet.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

frogybella

Hi Milbo,

Thank you for answering.

Discovering the bug was solved for anyone but me, we have made a clean install of Joomla 2.5.9 and VM2.0.20b.

Language translation is still lost after cloning a product. About the price fix, what is the "svn" where it should be found?

Regards,

Fred
Frogybella

My website : www.fdbi.com

sorema

description is not cloned still there's a way to solve this?
all the rest clones fine.
thank you.

joomla 2.5.17
vm 2.0.26.d

sorema

this still does not work form me. upgraded to 2.0.26d but still if i clone a product only the 1st language description is cloned.
Thank you