News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Template errors causing white screen

Started by maestroc, January 22, 2014, 21:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroc

I have been asked to take a look at a site that is using VM 2.0.26a on Joomla 2.5.16.  She has a store set up and everything looks fine on the category listing page until you click through to an individual product details page.  When trying to view the details for any item in the store we get a blank white screen.  When I turn on error reporting I get the information pasted below.  One thing I have noticed is that (as it says in one of the errors near the bottom) there is no layout.php file in that folder of the main site template.  Since I am new to Virtuemart I don't know if that is something that should have come with the YouFitness template package or if it is a custom layout that has somehow been deleted.  Is there a way to fix it?  I don't have the install files for that template so there is no way for me to get it.

If that is not the main problem with why I am getting the white screen does anyone know what I should try in order to fix it?

QuoteNotice: Undefined property: stdClass::$pap_url in /.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/plugins/system/oseAffiliate/oseAffiliate.php on line 69

Warning: Division by zero in /.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/yjsg_core.php on line 102

Warning: Division by zero in /.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/lib/yjsg_loadgrids.php on line 237

Warning: Division by zero in /.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/lib/yjsg_loadgrids.php on line 237

Warning: require(/.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /h.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

-MaestroC

jenkinhill

The stopper is  Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /h.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

Looks like the template file is missing?

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

maestroc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 22, 2014, 23:36:56 PM
The stopper is  Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /h.../html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

Looks like the template file is missing?

But the problem is that the YouFitness template is not supposed to have a layout.php file in it.  The folder has layout1, layout2, and layout3 in it.  But VM keeps trying to call layout.php instead.  I have checked into a few other templates that YouJoomla makes and none of them have that file in it.  In the index.php file this is the code that is trying to call the layout.php file:

<?php require( YJSGPATH."layouts/layout".$site_layout.".php");/* mid grid - mainbody grids located in layout1.php - layout3.php*/?>

That is what makes me think that VM is configured wrong.  It should be calling for layout1, layout2, or layout3.  Not layout.php.

Is there somewhere in the VM configuration that this would be set at? 

jenkinhill

VM does not call files from the Joomla template, it is template independent. Yes it does have a file named layout.php at administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/fields/  - ie it is used in the VM backend, to support a modal product picker.

Test with beez template to see what happens there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

maestroc

I loaded it up on a test server and switched the template over to Beez5 as requested.  I received the exact same errors.  I then realized you might have meant to switch the template in the VM Configuration->Template tab.  I switched it to Beez5 as well but even after making that switch I still receive the same errors:

QuoteNotice: Undefined property: stdClass::$pap_url in /home/thegoodl/public_html/plugins/system/oseAffiliate/oseAffiliate.php on line 69

Warning: Division by zero in /home/thegoodl/public_html/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/lib/yjsg_loadgrids.php on line 237

Warning: require(/home/thegoodl/public_html/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thegoodl/public_html/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/thegoodl/public_html/templates/youfitness/layouts/layout.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thegoodl/public_html/templates/youfitness/index.php on line 60

It still seems to be calling the old template even though it is switched to Beez5 in both places.  Maybe this isn't a VM issue after all, but if not do you have any idea what might be making it do this?  I hate the idea of having to wipe everything and start over from scratch.

jenkinhill

Disable the oseAffilate plugin - and check again.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

maestroc

With the OSE Affiliate Plugin disabled the page still loads blank but I receive different errors:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/content/93/7928293/html/thegoodlife-style.com/plugins/system/jumi/jumi.php on line 30

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/content/93/7928293/html/thegoodlife-style.com/plugins/system/jumi/jumi.php on line 39

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/93/7928293/html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/yjsg_core.php on line 102

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/93/7928293/html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/lib/yjsg_loadgrids.php on line 237

Warning: Division by zero in /home/content/93/7928293/html/thegoodlife-style.com/templates/youfitness/yjsgcore/lib/yjsg_loadgrids.php on line 237

If I turn off the Jumi plugin those top two errors go away but I still get the others.

jenkinhill

But they are really just warnings and can be turned off in php.ini or in Joomla. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

maestroc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 25, 2014, 23:25:04 PM
But they are really just warnings and can be turned off in php.ini or in Joomla. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102555.0

I know I can turn off errors but the problem is that I am still getting the plain white page.  No product description or anything at all is being displayed. 

jenkinhill

Then you are back debugging the template...
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

maestroc

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 26, 2014, 12:41:30 PM
Then you are back debugging the template...
I'm sorry but that's not really helpful...  Plus I already said that this problem occurs regardless of what template we use with it.  Beez, Atomic, or the current YouFitness.  How can it be a template issue if it occurs with any template you choose?  The issue only occurs on product description pages too, the category listing page of VM works fine...

jenkinhill

Lets look at it this way. You are the only person ever to have reported this error on the VM forum. That tends to limit it to your installation. So maybe start again with a brand new install?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Roccofx1

I also have same problem

A white screen at product pages, it only shows the product picture and also the product title as a link, i also tested change templates, but didnt worked.... i belive is a Virtuemart problem, i use VM3 and Joomla 3, but i found many cases like this, what if u have 20,000 products, are u really gonna re-intall virtuemart and star all over? because, templates have nothing to do with this problem

Has somebody solved this problem, and how steps please?

GJC Web Design

Honestly, from your previous posts is is obvious that your knowledge of Joomla/VM and website coding generally is minimal..

There is plenty of information on here about "blank screen" errors etc.. have you searched at all about the techniques to find YOUR server error?

You have been asked multiple times to give details and versions of your install.. you just ignore these requests

You must have changed the code somewhere to cause this as it is obviously a php parsing error or sever 500 fatal error

Have you tried any of the advice given over and over on here?

Check your logs
turn on debugging
try with the standard template

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation