News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2.0.26d resets tables

Started by some, January 19, 2014, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

some

Hello,

I have a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.17, VM 2.0.26d with JoomShaper MegaDeal templete v1.1.
My server has php 5.3.3-7+squeeze15 versión.

I configure shop, put one Categorie, one product, one payment, one shipment. Disable OPC - problem with the template, the cart does'nt works.

Then I go and add spanish language to the Joomla - site, administrator and content.
When I did ti my shop went empty. No products, no Categories, no Shipments, no Payments. My currency selection was gone.

I don't know if this si problema of my site, or it is common vm problem, take this like advice or VM Team, check this.

jenkinhill

I have tested that template and it worked OK for me with J2.5.7 and VM2.0.26d. Some forum members have had problems with that PHP version though. If cart is not working the debug your JavaScript.   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638

As for the other language, you need to ensure you have VM's Spanish language installed (see Languages Settings in VM configuration/Shop) and add a Joomla menu item in that language. The create your Spanish categories & products.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

some

The info about cart etc, was only for additional information.

The cuestión is "WHY the VM tables becomes empty"?

Not my case, but that behavior is very dangerous if you want make your site multi-language later.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

some

Milbo,

Try this:

1. Install fresh Joomla
2. Install fresh VM (I instaled template)
3. Set your shop - currency, shipmantt, category, product etc...
4. Install new language in Joomla.
5. Select new language in VM.
6. My VM configurations did before was gone - shop, currency, shipment, categories, products...

thats all folks....

Milbo

set the language back. If you started to use vm in a joomla configured in english. then set the language in the vm config to english again. Check your tables, your stuff is stored in the english tables.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

some

Hm.... strange issue....

And how can I move them from one language to other? Or copy? If I need the same product to both language or more?

Wich way can I see if there is more garbidge in another laguange? Why that is not controled?

Madre mia...!

jenkinhill

You need to create the menus, categries and products in the second (and any more) language. They will then exist in their own tables.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

some

I can't see the solution in your answer.

Asking one more time:

- And how can I move them(products créate in one language) from one language to other? Or copy?
- How can I see that product "1" is in language "Lang"? Categories etc? At least this? Please!!!!!!!!!
- How can I view the products that are in language that is not used (garbage products)?
- Whare are that tables, that you mensioned related to the language. How can i check this tables. Do not send me via SQL, My-SQL admin  etc please!!!

O-ooooo DIOS AYUDAME! Take me away from this chaos.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

some

jenkinjill, the links that You provide, not show how can do that (I repeat the cuestions for third time). I expect a right response (or better nothing, or maybe - not allowed?, but say it,ok)

And how can I move them(products créate in one language) from one language to other? Or copy?
- How can I see that product "1" is in language "Lang"? Categories etc? At least this? Please!!!!!!!!!
- How can I view the products that are in language that is not used (garbage products)?
- Whare are that tables, that you mensioned related to the language. How can i check this tables. Do not send me via SQL, My-SQL admin  etc please!!!

That is so simple to implemant, this basic function, amazing.

By the way, the documentation of VM2 claims that many language are included in AIO package, but: surprise! in the last versión 2.0.26d ONLY english!

That is so funny...If somebody has time to waste,  could be passing here great!

Milbo

Quote from: some on February 02, 2014, 14:31:33 PM
jenkinjill, the links that You provide, not show how can do that (I repeat the cuestions for third time). I expect a right response (or better nothing, or maybe - not allowed?, but say it,ok)

And how can I move them(products créate in one language) from one language to other? Or copy?

It is very hard to answer your questions, because you come in here with your set in mind. It must be this or that way. No, it need not to be the way you think about it.

Your product has in all languages the same id, you cannot move it.

I am sorry, I am not able to parse this question

There shouldnt be any. In version vm2.1 you can see them, but I repeat, there shouldnt be any.

Joomla organise it in their own tables, you have todo everything twice for two languages. You need a menu in english and spanish. Virtuemart creates an extra language table, which only stores language related stuff.

By the way, the documentation of VM2 claims that many language are included in AIO package, but: surprise! in the last versión 2.0.26d ONLY english!

Yeh we removed it, because we added a link for all languages directly where you choose teh languages for virtuemart. Are you aware that there is the joomla language and the vm language?

The reason is, you can display the CMS itself in 20 languages, but your products then only in spanish, or english.