News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Code Stripping

Started by bdsmith, January 18, 2014, 08:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdsmith

Hello,

I own www.blackandyellowrecords.com, currently our artist pages are developed using HikaShop which I used for years until my business subscription expired and I have to pay to renew which I don't think I should have to do, I feel I should've only had to pay once.

So, I decided to give VM a second chance. I was a bit off put by no downloading files as free downloadables but did a simple walk around using FTP, images and go ol linking mixed with dstats.net for tracking.

So I've come to a new issue that needs resolved and I've spent 3 hours on google (and the VM forums) looking for the answer to no avail.

I'm using Joomla 2.5
VM 2.0.26d
I own the site so I am a super user no text filtering.
There is no editor enabled.
I am admin in VM.

Now with all the formalities out of the way I am developing the new artist pages in DreamWeaver. With such I need to have my category descriptions (which are the artist pages) link to my CSS from DreamWeaver using:

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="artists.css" media="screen" />
</head>

However, when I click save the head tag is stripped. I've also come across accounts that people try to embed youtube videos in product descriptions and that code gets stripped. Which will be a concern in the future as when an artist has a new release coming up I do promo videos via After Effects, build the product page for the release and embed the youtube playlist of the promo videos.

So in summary. I need to stop VM from stripping my codes. TinyMCE and JCE are both disabled. I even tried using each of those editors after configuring them to not strip coding (which I know is set right as I have used them years ago with success).

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this over, my apologies for it being so long I just wanted to be as descriptive as possible as I noticed some moderators in past posts I saw while trying to find the answer myself had told the OP they were not supplying enough information.

Ben

Milbo

Usually, if you are logged in as super user the code should not be touched by vm itself.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rfonta

I had a similar issue. I used sourcerer to insert code, and then used double-bracket "[[" instead of "<"
And it worked fine.