News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shopping Cart Not Working

Started by bullertech, January 22, 2014, 02:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullertech

Hello I emailed last week about an issue i am having with Virtuemart. I have been having many issue. I have done a complete re-install of Virtuemart 2. I first deleted the component and all modules from the extensions manager in joomla. I then removed all database tables in phpmyadmin. After that  I did a complete new install. The problem I am having, I can add a product to the cart but then when I click on View Cart It takes me back to the main cart page. Before uninstalling and re-installing the shopping I would get an issue if the customer filled out all of the information for billing it would just reload the page and not save any information. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am using Joomla 2.5.11 and Virtuemart 2.0.26c. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide. I've tried searching and posting on the forums but no one responds. You can view the shopping car by going to:
http://kasparsseattlecatering.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=2&categorylayout=0

Please Note I am not a PHP Developer.

Please advise. Thank You,

some

VM changed the way that cart is processing. The templates are not prepared for that.

Disable OPC (One Page CheckOut) and/or pop-ups should resolve it.

P.D. and update your Joomla to 2.5.17 and VM to 2.0.26d

jenkinhill

I cannot see a Joomla menu link to any part of the VirtueMart component. This is required for the cart to function.

Looks like you also need to validate your HTML.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: some on January 22, 2014, 06:26:01 AM
VM changed the way that cart is processing. The templates are not prepared for that.

Disable OPC (One Page CheckOut) and/or pop-ups should resolve it.

P.D. and update your Joomla to 2.5.17 and VM to 2.0.26d

This is not correct. If you use an old template, then do not use the OPC option of virtuemart. If you use the native stuff, you may try the OPC, but it can make trouble with older payment/shipment plugins.

In case you bought a 3rd party OPC, it depends. The OPC option of virtuemart is not a full OPC. There is no ajax or similar, it is more an enhancement for templaters and 3rd party developers to create more flexible and robust OPCs.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member