News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Ask Question does not pop up

Started by Zke, January 18, 2014, 00:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zke

First off. I'm only running Joomla 2.5.8 with VM 2.0.18a. I wanted to updated but when I tried I got countless problems I couldn't fix or understand that I had to reinstall the original versions.

I am using a 3rd party template. When i select the 'Default Product Page Details' to be 'default' in the category settings the Ask a question pop up window works fine. But when I select 'pdf' it doesn't work. So it should just be a template thing.

I can't give you the link to the live site as I have it in maintenance mode till it is complete and ready to go live. How do I allow someone to log in to front end without access to backend?

I have uploaded the pdf template file (as a .txt) that is located  components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Quote from: Zke on January 18, 2014, 00:40:05 AM
But when I select 'pdf' it doesn't work. So it should just be a template thing.

Is this a properly constructed template file or a pdf file? If the popup does not work then compare the code with the default file.
Are you using a full commercial template with VM theme? Or just a commercial template while using the default theme?

I have uploaded the pdf template file (as a .txt) that is located  components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/

Template files must be .php files so they can be executed.

Note that your versions are seriously out of date and have known critical security issues. Sites with those versions (and later some ones) have already been hacked, so they should not be used on a live commercial site. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Zke

QuoteTemplate files must be .php files so they can be executed.

Yes, I meant that to upload that php file to this forum I had to convert it to a txt as the forum said the .php was not an allowed file type to attach. The actual file on my ftp was a .php.

Anyway, I decided to once again try to update my joomla and vm versions as you suggested but again I have run into countless problems. I will start a different topic with those issues.

Thank you for your help.