News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.26 BUGS BUGS BUGS PLease help

Started by fabvincent, January 17, 2014, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunglehaze

I think I may have found the issue (for me at least)

I use a lot of parent products with child options, for each option (unless required) I setup the parent with the price, information, weight etc and then do not set anything for the child products as it then just uses the data from the parent - this was all working fine.

Having had to look at lots of products to try and work out this little problem I went into the parent, checked the weight was all set correctly as a first port of call - obviously it was fine so I moved onto another product and checked that.

However having now gone into the BE again and the child products specifically that I have found to not bring up shipping I can see one issue that I believe is causing all of this headache with no shipping options

Some of my child products have nothing entered in the weight field, no real problem there actually as I can see. The weight is set for some reason to kilogram though and when I change this to gramme - still leaving the weight field empty it all works again. I am not really certain why they are all showing kilogram as the metric though as the site was always setup for grammes so I will go in and change it all to grammes and hope that fixes everything.

Milbo

So your childs use a different unit than your parent? For this mystery, I need to see the db entries.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bunglehaze

The strange thing is that I have not changed them from gramme to kilogramme but they were set that way. I did a simple SQL update and set to the product_weight_oum column back to grammes and am testing regularly to make sure things continue to work for now and if it reverts back to not working I will update

bunglehaze

I have just checked Milbo, having just added a new product with custom fields/child options I went to test order and no shipping was shown. The parent was set to grammes and a weight, the child was not touched at all. Having gone into the BE of the child to check settings the weight is empty as it should be but the metric is set to kilogramme - my config for VM is setup for gramme and I cannot understand why it is either setting all products with kilogramme as standard or at the very least, why it is reading that as the weight metric to use despite no weight being given. It is very odd.

Milbo

I found it. At least for the product edit. But I need some tests. I will updload a new version soon.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bunglehaze

Great stuff, glad we managed to get to the bottom of it at least.