News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0.26 BUGS BUGS BUGS PLease help

Started by fabvincent, January 17, 2014, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabvincent

I just did a refresh of VM from 2.0.24 to 2.0.26d. Since then, all of a sudden,
For no apparent reasons, the user can not choose any shipment mode anymore, my cart's showing half way and the selection of shipment is showing but noway to select and "save" the shipment mode. therefore no way to pass on order. This is a commercial site that's been on for a couple of weeks, all the test have been conclusive and the first couple of weeks, the orders were coming in just right.
Please help. I don't know what's going on.
This is quite an emergency.
Thanks

fabvincent

Strange,
refreshed system with previous version and the same thing happens, so I went back to 2.0.26. So I guess he bug is not form the version, something's just messed up somewhere else. Notice a couple of things :
I'm using a slideshow CK everywhere on the site and it's not showing on the cart page anymore even with the use of jqueryeasy that was not changed from working to none working solutions.
the buttons "save" 's background are grey instead of green on the select page for the shipping modes.
:-X

bunglehaze

Just wanted to add that I have this exact issue too, been and checked for JS conflicts and cannot see one - it appears that address filtered shipping options are not loading properly. I use VP One page checkout and that isn't working either with the ajax updates - essentially 2.0.26d has caused a massive headache

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bunglehaze

Hi Kelvyn, it's not the OPC as I have no overrides on the standard VM cart and the issue remains when I disable the VirtuePlanet OPC and use the standard VM one.

The issue for me is somewhere in the address /country selection and where it connects to the shipping options. If I remove the country filter it still brings up "No shipment method matches the characteristics of your order. " - despite the user details being fully filled correctly.

It is frustrating as it seems to work for a little while and then stops and it is unpredictable and unreliable

bunglehaze

Another issue to note: I have switched off loads of modules and plugins and made atomic the default template - just to be sure that this is straight up VM:

I now have managed (not sure how as it started kind of working) to get the shipping options back on my logged in user, however you select the shipping option and click save, it returns to the same page - to get back to cart you then have to click cancel. Something is most definitely up with the cart/shipping on my VM install.

I have just now installed 2.0.26d again to be sure that any issues with the original install are not at play, same situation. I can select shipping for now at least but the function does not work as it should in any way.

Clicking save on the payment selction page does work as intended out of interest. The whole issue appears to be the shipping selection only

bunglehaze

Is there any part of the save function that differs between the shipping and payment sections that I can check? I would love to try and work out why this is happening specifically to the shipping selection and not payment selection

Milbo

Quote from: bunglehaze on January 19, 2014, 15:06:49 PM
Hi Kelvyn, it's not the OPC as I have no overrides on the standard VM cart and the issue remains when I disable the VirtuePlanet OPC and use the standard VM one.

Try it the other way round. Disable OPC in vm and use the Virtueplanet OPC. Or disable the overrides of virtueplanet and use the vm OPC.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bunglehaze

Milbo, the same thing occurs im afraid, the Virtueplanet OPC still struggles to update the shipping options so you have to click refresh on a product for this to happen. I have tried it both ways and it seems that the problem occurs wherever the shipping selection is made within VM.

bunglehaze

Having just had another bunch of customers unable to purchase it would appear that only guest checkout seems to allow the shipping method selection. I have just tried this myself and can confirm that when a customer registers the shipping selection does not even show up, guest checkout allows the shipping selection to be display but still contains the issues mentioned in the above posts regarding the save function not working properly

bunglehaze

Now I am back to having no shipping options again guest or logged in, VM std, VM OPC or VP OPC checkouts. Something is really flakey since updating to 2.0.26D and rolling back to an earlier version does not seem to fix this. I have rolled back to 2.0.26c and VM OPC seems to work again with shipping - I will keep an eye on this. VP OPC does not refresh shipping selection though as in my original posts

Milbo

Did you asked virtueplanet about it? maybe there OPC is not compatible yet with the one of vm?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bunglehaze

This is the latest update Milbo, updated to work fine with 26D.

I will keep an eye on my checkout to see if the postage options just stop working again as they have numerous times since updating to 26D, if they remain stable I will hang on for the next incremental update and see if I can work out why VP OPC isn't refreshing on selection.

Milbo

So it seems to be resolved for you now with a new OPC of virtueplanet?

bunglehaze

No, I have had to turn it off and use the VM standard checkout instead which works but not anywhere near as nicely or elegantly as the Virtueplanet one. I think if I can find out why the shipping selection does not automatically refresh as it should I will be happy to just use 2.0.26C for the time being - 2.0.26D will not work properly at all