Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

checout issue: How to remove TOS COMPLETELY

Started by claus6000, January 12, 2014, 19:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claus6000

Hi again!

I have another issue with my checkout process / cart:
As you can see on the attached screenshot "set-up" I have unchecked the "show terms of service" and "must agree to TOS". However, in my cart it has ONLY removed the text - NOT the checkbox (see attachment "TOS-check-box"). Furthermore, the customer still has to check it in order to proceed.

How do I get COMPLETELY rid of the TOS text, checkbox and need to check it?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I have a site where TOS is completely disabled. In addition to not setting Must agree to Terms of Service on EVERY ORDER?  and  Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout?  in configuration/checkout I do the following:

Firstly the TOS userfield is a protected/locked Joomla field, as TOS is included in J2.5's userfields (see the User Profile Joomla plugin), so this field needs to be unlocked to edit it. For how to do this see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666

On the Shopper Field List I then unpublish all fields on the agreed ( I agree to the Terms of Service ) line and then relock the fields.

I then edit the checkout main template file, components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default.php to remove the Terms Of Service Checkbox and use the edited file as a template override.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

heonical

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

You should be able to set the default=1, even it is locked, then you just need to remove it from the layout.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

t68

I also would like to get rid of the TOS checkbox completely. Shouldn't it disappear if I uncheck in the checkout settings? And sorry, I don't understand how to do it by changing codes and php.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

vagrant

Hey,
     I am newbie and I am sorry if I sound stupid I just thought it might help you. If you have OnePage checkout in components then click on onepage checkout then you will see many options click on "display" and remove checks from terms of service configuration.

en jie rudd

hello Milbo

Could you please explain this further
Quote from: Milbo on January 31, 2014, 21:15:56 PM
You should be able to set the default=1, even it is locked, then you just need to remove it from the layout.

I am not experienced to use template override etc, a simple fix would really suit me.

Joomla  2.5.18
VM 2.0.26d

regards

En Jie

psydefx

Quote from: Milbo on January 31, 2014, 21:15:56 PM
Can you hum a few bars... what template file to be altered, what to put where?
I understand what default setting is and how it should work, but not the variables and labels, and haven't found where it is called in the files.

VM 3
Joomla 3.36
Thanks
Steve

jenkinhill

In VM3 you do not need to edit any files. In the shopper field list are two TOS related fields, "agreed" and "tos". Set both of them to Not required and Unpublished.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK