Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Site don't work with custom fields

Started by gabriela, January 10, 2014, 14:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriela

Hello
I have Joomla 2.5.17 and VM 2.0.26.
I made a custom field of "cart variant" type for to show the types of sauces for a Italian food (for a takeaway food site). By including the custom field in the product, it paralyzes the entire web page and nothing works. I thought I had done wrong, and I removed it all again, but the same thing happens. Anything with libraries? Is there any plugin? I do not understand what happens, I have reviewed all I can do, please help..!
http://www.danoi.cl/2014/index.php/virtuemart/default-layout/canellonis/canelloni-ricotta-nuez-detail

John2400

Take a screen shot of what you did - which variant you used and then the product - shot.

that way we can see is you used the right steps.

gabriela

Hi, I rename the "productsdetails" template folder thinking in a problem with gavick template, but the problem remains.
I send you a screenshot of one product with one custom field.
http://www.danoi.cl/2014/index.php/platos-para-llevar/canellonis/canelloni-mixtos-49-detail

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gabriela

Please, I need some idea of what might be happening! In Gavick forum tell me that is a exclusive virtuemart problem and not theirs!

John2400

gabriela,

I can see the Variants and they appear to work in Explorer & firefox     - but not - Chrome.

try another web browser.

Maybe they are working correctly.

gabriela

It's true. It works well in mozilla but not in chrome or safari (I could not test on explore yet). But what can I do with this? I have to put some code somewhere? I know there are some corrections code for older versions of explorer, but not chrome or safari ... do you know what should I do? I appreciate your help.

John2400

from here - a few options. write to the template designer and now tell then what you found. They might have a code to help you.

They did not see this issue initially.
* change the template
or
try and update all your webbrowsers

gabriela

gabriela

Finally the problem was a VM conflicting with one of template functions. Solution was to add this small piece of code to override.css:

#gkPopupOverlay {
    display: none !important;
}

Thanks you very much!